It's Just The Beginning

AUTHORS NOTE THAT YOU NEED TO READ! This book is honestly not good. As a growing author, I am working specifically on improving my writing abilities. I haven't gotten around to editing this book, so there are some really bad mistakes. That's your warning, you may continue reading if I hadn't scared you off yet.

TIP #2: Zombie are attracted to sound, scent, and movement.

Kylie

April 3rd, 2017

I get on the bus for school, my eyes drooping since its way too early on a Monday morning. I sit down next to Muna. I pull out my phone then turn it on. Muna is already giggling at some Snapchat she was sent as she fluffs her brown hair. I roll my eyes to silently think, only if we were closer friends.

The difference between us is very large. She has brown wavy hair, I have strawberry blonde curly hair. She has brown eyes and I have blue eyes. She has a stick thin body while I have an average weight frame.

As we approach school, I notice cars are sitting haphazardly on the side of the highway. We pull into the school parking lot. The bus driver opens the door and yells, "BREAKFEST!"

The gym coach gets on the bus then whispers something to the bus driver. Their faces turn serious really quickly. Coach looks up at everyone, "Everyone exit the bus in an orderly fashion. Everything is gonna be okay. We just have a little problem, that shall be dealt with in a bit. Once we exit the bus you will run into the building and proceed to the 11th grade hallway. Everyone got that?"

I numbly nod my head. The kids in the front of the bus get off. The people sitting in the seat in front of us stand up. I jump up quickly, getting in the line. The sound of shuffling feet and the murmurs of kids voices travel throughout the bus. It is an spine chilling silence other than those tiny noises. I step off the bus, arm in arm with Muna. She whispers in my ear, "Look at the soccer field."

I look over and am instantly hit with regret. Some people are in the middle of the soccer field, hovering over something. They are down on their hands and knees. I squint to see what they are hovering over. Then I see that one has the bloody intestines of the person dangling from their mouth. Another is drenched in blood. The dark red color sends another shiver down my spine. Those people are eating a human. My gag reflex kicks in. I throw my hand over my mouth to prevent myself from puking.

We are safely in the building. We have to climb a bunch of stairs to get to the top floor, the 11th grade hall. The people from our bus are divided into groups. 12th graders closest to the stairs, 11th graders the 2nd closest, 10th graders are the 2nd to farthest, 9th graders are the farthest. We are 10th graders, so we have a chance of living. Well a better chance of living than the 11th and 12th graders. Muna and I are crouched in a corner. More people are ushered in before we know it. I look at the faces of the crowd, their expressions are filled with fear. Jocelyn, my best friend enters the room. Today her short brown hair outlines her light skin. She joins us, "What is happening?" She hisses.

We all look at each other. I gulp, my thoughts racing. What were those things anyways? I become lightheaded when I realize that my dreams might have just come true. A hand cups my shoulder, "Kylie are you okay?"

"The zombie apocalypse." I mutter

"What?"

"The zombie apocalypse." I say a little louder.

Jocelyn's eyes practically pop out of her head when she registers what words just came out of my mouth. I reach out for a box of scissors. Someone grabs my hand. I look up. It is my old friend, Jason. "Do you guys need help?"