03

Summer Ross (P.O.V)

My body is hurting so much. It even hurts to breathe. What's happening? Where am I..

I slowly open my eyes but they feel too heavy. A white room and a mild beeping sound. Am I in a hospital?

"Sum!? You're awake?" My mum holds my hand tightly and asks surprisedly as a few tears escapes her blue eyes and she kisses on top of my hand.

"Ma... What happened?" I ask her but my throat hurts to speak. There's a tube under my nose and stuck in my nostrils which is wrapped from behind my ear. A cannula to help me breathe. What the actual hell has happened to me?

Some nurses and a doctor comes in quickly and the doctor checks my pulse rate and heart beat, then the nurse pushes some injections on my hand. I'm feeling totally numb. Except it just hurts everywhere.

"How are you feeling now, Sam?" The doctor asks smiling sympathetically.

"It hurts.. Everywhere." I admit slowly.

"It'll get better. Stay strong." He smiles sadly and nods to my mother as she also nods and the doctor leaves and my mum wipes her tears away.

"Mum, will you tell me what happened?" I ask her again.

"N-nothing, sweetie. There's nothing to worry about. You'll be fine. You'll live through this, we're by your side. And we love you. You'll live, you will.." She tells me as she breaks down into tears again.

"I don't understand.." I tell her.

"Don't speak too much, take some rest, okay?" She tells me as she kisses my cheeks and holds my hands tightly into hers.

"I'm so sorry, Summer.." My mum says to me after a while.

"Don't be, mum. It's okay. I'm fine, I guess." I tell her weakly. I hate to see my mum cry. It makes me feel guilty for some unknown reason.

"No, you're not fine! It's all my fault. I didn't take good care of you. I didn't notice you were going through all these and now it's too late.. But-but I won't give up on you! I'll try my best to make you happy again. To make you live." She sobs and tells me.

"It's not your fault. I understand everything. And I know you did everything for our well-being. I'm okay, trust me."  I tell her again.

"Baby, there's something you need to know.." She tells me seriously. Her voice breaking and full of nervousness.

"What's that?" I ask her.

"Sam?" Suddenly Louis enters the room as he calls for me slowly.

"Hi, Louis." My lips creep up to a small smile seeing him.

"How are you doing, mate?" He asks worriedly as he comes closer to my bed.

"Okay, I guess. Not too well though." I tell him truthfully.

"I missed you." He tells me smiling.

I smile at him weakly as he looks at my mother and she shakes her head slightly and his face drops. What's going on in here really?

"You tell him, Louis. I'll be outside." My mother sobs as she goes outside.

"Tell me what, Louis? Just tell me already! Why is Mum acting so weird? What the hell had happened to me!" I try to force it out if him angrily but it comes out as a weak pleading.