04

Summer Ross (P.O.V)

I've came home today in the afternoon. The sun is shining brightly today, which is rare in London. The soft heat of the sun soothing my cold skin as I sit on the grass with Louis, in our backyard.

"The weather is wonderful today, right?" Louis asks closing his eyes and sighing calmly.

"I guess." I tell him.

"Sam, I know it's hard for you, maybe. I don't know how you're feeling cause I haven't been in the situation. But don't give up too easily, yeah? Live your life fully while you can. Try at least. Don't waste away your life like this. All of us will be dying some day. It's just you know when you're gonna die, and we don't. Look, even I can die before you, can't I?" Louis says facing me.

"You don't know a lots of things, Louis. Y-you just won't understand..." I tell him sighing heavily. I feel really cold due to the lack of blood in my body as I hug the sweater around myself tightly.

"Then make me understand. Tell me. You consider me as your best friend, don't you?" He tells me as he grabs my hand.

"You're so cold..." He says as he looks at my pale hand and rubs it.

"Yeah, you don't expect warm body from a cancer victim." I chuckle dryly.

"Why are you like this.." He sighs.

"Life is never too easy, is it?" I say.

"You can make it if you want to."

"No, Louis. Life isn't in your favor always. It might be on yours, but it isn't in mine." I laugh dryly again.

"Do you want to come back to school?" Louis asks changing the topic.

"To be honest, no. I don't. I don't want people to give me sympathetic looks. I don't want to be acknowledged by everyone as the gi- I mean, boy with Leukemia." I tell him.

"It's okay. You can still complete your graduation by taking online classes. Do you want me to sign some for you?" Louis asks.

"That's okay, I guess." I say smiling slightly. He's such a kind heart.

Louis leaves after a while promising me to visit everyday. Then me, mum and Sid take our dinner.

"How are you doing?" Sid asks silently. He's too shocked at the news of my illness. He loved me dearly and so did I. He still can't accept the whole thing.

"I'm good, Sid." I tell him smiling lightly.

"Okay." He says as he concentrates on the food again.

My mum tries to cheer me up and get me into a conversation, but I reply shortly to everything, so she gives up.

My room is now downstairs, because I have to move around with a wheelchair. The guest room has been exchanged with my room. It's actually bigger than my previous one.

My mum helps me getting in the bed and kisses my forehead before turning the lights off and leaves.

"Summer?" Sid whispers slowly pushing the door of my bedroom slightly, peeking in.