Surprise Rain (Rogura Week: Day 1: Possessive)

(I know, I missed Gajevy/GaLe week, but I can't travel through time like Marty McFly, so I'm sorry.)

Rogue walked down the streets, through the market. His footsteps were firm, strong, focused on his goal as they stomped on the paved streets.

He was alone. It was near late at night, so he had left his precious companion, Frosch, at home while he went shopping. He had walked up and down the same streets for an hour and a half, looking for something to buy that could make the trip worth it. He did not want to go home empty handed, as it would be rude to Frosch, leaving him behind and coming back with nothing, as if he had purposely wanted to ditch him instead of let him rest.

It wasn't too much later when Rogue had finally settled on some sewing supplies in case his exceed tore his costume, though it had gotten so late that it had started to rain.

Rogue sighed. He hated the rain. It reminded him of his past. He used to be gloomy, dark, depressing, an outcast to the world, a loner. Yet, he had changed completely only a few weeks ago. Then, he participated with his guild in the Grand Magic Games, and became nearly an entirely different person.

He had met two people that changed his life. First, was the man he looked up to for many years, Gajeel Redfox, who taught him to respect his comrades, treasure them with his life and never walk away from them. The other...

Kagura Mikazuchi.

He hadn't really noticed her during the prior tournaments, but this year, she stood out. She was the first to defeat a Sabertooth member, and with little effort against an incredible offense. Afterwards, she dueled with a legendary wizard that defeated a hundred monsters without pausing, he inner emotions starting to show. Then, her true nature was shown. During a banquet after the games and an unexpected dragon attack, she was shown to deeply care for those around her, her guild, her friends, she was an incredible woman.

And she had intrigued Rogue. She reminded him of himself. On the outside, seemingly emotionless, a hardened shell of intensity, focus, and power. Yet, behind that shell is a warm, loving person who cares for those around them, treasuring their comrades and living their lives for them.

Thunder suddenly snapped Rogue out of his reminiscing, a few raindrops begins to bounce off oh his black hair. Worried, he began to to take off at a sprint, afraid he might not make it home before the rain becomes severe. As he took a corner, he ran into someone and stumbled, falling to the ground.

"I-I'm sorry." He hastily apologized. He noticed the person had dropped something and went to pick it up. "Here, let me-"

He paused as he looked at the item, a sword in a white sheath. He recognized the weapon, from the Grand Magic Games. The same sword that defeated his guildmate without being unsheathed. A sword with legendary power.

He looked up to see the owner of the sword, glaring at him in frustration. Rogue quickly got to his feet and handed her weapon to her. "Thank you." She told him. He sensed slight anger in her tone, though, her eyes seemed slightly soft.

"You're... Kagura Mikazuichi. The incredible swordswoman of Mermaid Heel." Rogue stated.

Kagura crossed her arms over her chest, keeping her glare focused on Rogue. "You should watch where you're going. It's dangerous to run around corners, especially." Her serious tone was strong.

"Yeah, I'm real sorry." Rogue said, attempting to stay calm. The rain started to come down harder, starting to soak Rogue's hair.

Kagura's eyes glanced at his hair for a moment, noticing the rain starting to come down. She hastily grabbed Rogue's hand and started pulling him down the streets.

"W-What are you doing?" He asked, slowly keeping at her pace.

"It's starting to rain. I live nearby. You shall wait there until the rain subsides, then you shall go home." She answered without looking back.

"What are you talking about? I can get home in the rain." Before Kagura could respond, a flash of lightning hit a few yards in front of them. Rogue remained silent as Kagura brought him to her home.

When they reached her house, Kabura placed her sword down as Rogue ran his fingers through his hair, attempting to undo the frizzy, soaked mess the rain had made it.

"Wait here. I'll make you some tea." Kagura stormed into her kitchen.

Rogue hung his cloak on a coat rack that was by the door and sat down on a couch. He felt a bit weird, concerned. He was intruding on Kagura's property. Then again, if he had ran through the rain, he may have gotten struck by lightning. He was at least grateful that she was kind enough to let him stay until the rain was gone instead of letting him run off, risking his life.

After not too long, Kagura came out into her parlor and set a tray down on the coffee table. The tray had two cups of tea and a porcelain teapot that looked a bit fancy. She sat down next to Rogue on the couch and picked up one cup before taking a sip. She then gestured to the other. "Go on. Drink. I'm being a good host."

Rogue hesitantly picked up the teacup and drank a bit. He liked the flavor and drunk a bit more.

"So, what were you doing at the market, today?" Kagura asked, starting a conversation.

Rogue was a bit surprised. He didn't expect Kagura to want to talk. "I was browsing and purchased some sewing supplies."

Kagura scoffed. "You take up sewing?" Her voice was filled with doubt.

"In a way. My exceed, Frosch, wears a pink frog suit, and I thought that he might tear it."

Kagura froze. Her eyes were wide, shocked. "F-Frosch?"

Rogue nodded. "I believe you and your friend, Millianna was it?" Kagura slowly nodded. "Yes, I believe the two of you had an argument about keeping my friend."

A light blush coated Kagura's cheeks as she took another sip of tea. "That... was nothing. I thought he might help trying to find his owner!"

Rogue chuckled, finishing his tea and setting the cup down on the tray. "Of course it was. I remember. I saw you two practically threaten each other to keep him."

Kagura was shocked. She set her cup down and slapped Rogue across the face. "What are you talking about!?"

Rogue rubbed his cheek as he explained. "I looked around for him, and saw you two with him. I was about to intervene, but you two looked like you had fighting on the brain, so  thought it best to sit that one out."

Kagura calmed down a bit, picking her cup back up again and sipping it. "My mistake. I'm sorry for hitting you."

Rogue poured himself some more tea. "No, it's alright. I should have been more clear."

"Yes, you should have." Kagura said, giving him another small glare.

"Geez, lighten up a little."

Kagura glared fiercely at Rogue. "What was that?"

"You know, you'll never get a boyfriend if you're that forceful."

Kagura's cheeks turned pink and she looked away, as Rogue looked out the window, chuckling. "Oh, look. The rain's clearing up."

Kagura looked out the window, noticing only drops dripping from the top of her window. She felt a bit of sadness in having to see Rogue off. "I hope you get home safely."

Rogue stood up and walked over to the door, walking past the coat rack.

Kagura yelled. "Don't forget your cloak, you forgetful idiot!"

Rogue turned around and put his cloak on. Before he left, he looked at Kagura and said. "You know, you can be very possessive at times...

But, I find that kind of cute about you!" And then he closed the door.

Leaving Kagura with a very red face.