Ruined Future (Rogura Week: Day 7: Future)

He wandered around the wasteland, completely alone.

His plan had failed, horribly. Now he was stuck in a future, no dragons... no people...

No Frosch...

All alone...

The portal was destroyed, his friends were all dead, he was now alone in a world without other life, a ruined world.

A ruined future...

He wandered around the ruined Fiore, visiting sights that he wished to reminisce about and eating any bits of food he could salvage, or eating from the farm he started to keep in order to keep himself alive with fresh food.

He visited the ruins of Sabertooth, remembering better days. Better days of his energetic, happy-go-lucky partner, their loyal, optimistic exceeds, a music loving god slayer, a memory obsessed fancy guy, and a shy, light blue haired key holder. Sure, there was a cruel old master, and his bitchy daughter, but at least he had his friends.

His friends...

He visited the ruins of Fairy Tail. He watched them in the Grand Magic Games. A blonde girl who got the crap beat out of her by that bitch and was cheated out of beating a hair devil. A pair of dragon slayers that beat him and his partner. A stripper that could beat the memory man, and a lightning man that could beat the man who beat the god slayer. A drunkard that could max out the MPF. A woman with red hair that could defeat 100 monsters, the bitch, and a legendary swordswoman.

The swordwoman...

Rogue watched the swordwoman defeat his key holding friend with ease, resulting in a chain of events that caused a lot of complicated shit to go down during and after the last day of the games.

He... fell for her.

He would never admit to it at the time, but he did. He was charmed by her power, her agility, her beauty, and what part of her personality he had witnessed. He wished to know her more, but...

He was alone...

He visited the Crocus arena, the very place of the Grand Magic Games. He remembered all the events of the days.

His partner and the two guys that beat them taking last place in a race across vehicles. A game of hide-and-seek among doubles. A game of fighting in a floating ball of water. A series of one on one fights after each event. Such fun memories, and some not so fun.

It was getting late, so he decided to retire to his home. He set up a little cabin next to the ruins of Mermaid Heel made of logs and other materials he found around the kingdom, with his farm right nearby as well. He wanted to be close to where Kagura once used to spend her time.

He harvested a few grown crops and planted some new seeds and went inside. He prepared a small meal of carrots and tomatoes, pretty much a salad, but missing a few key ingredients.

His bed was a small pile of straw with a sheet covering it, that being a makeshift mattress, and a worn out blanket to cover him. He settled himself in and fell asleep, having dreams about the old days.

And a certain swordswoman.

He awoke to rain pouring outside. He didn't bother to get out of bed, deciding to sleep in a little. He had no idea what was about to happen.

The sound of his door opening and closing woke him up, followed by the sound of something he hadn't heard in a while.

A human voice.

"Damn rain. I'm lucky I found this place."

Rogue stood up, meeting the eyes of his intruder. The two stood still, until the intruder charged and pinned him to the wall. "Who are you!?"

Rogue saw his intruder was a woman. She was about as old as him, wearing white clothes and her hair had a white ribbon adorning it.

It... It couldn't be... could it?

"My name is Rogue Cheney."

The woman gasped, dropping her sword.

"Is that you, Kagura?"

The woman silently nodded, then hugged him.

"Rogue..."

He hugged her back. She spoke again.

"Fuck you."

She backed up, Rogue looking at her. "You mad at me?" He asked.

She sighed. "Of course I am."

He hung his head down, until he felt Kagura pressing her lips against his. She broke away before he could react, looking into his wide eyes.

"I'm mad that you left me behind for so long."

Rogue brought out two cups, which he had in case a miracle occurred and there was another person alive, and poured some water into both.

"How did you make it this long?" He questioned.

"During all the chaos, I tried to lead a group out of Fiore. One dragon attacked and killed almost all of us. I was saved by Yukino. She used Libra to change my gravity to fly away. I went flying out of the kingdom, and when I fell to the ground, I knew that Yukino was dead. I fell into a lake, as I came out to find a dragon that followed me. I thought I would die when..."

"When they all disappeared?"

Kagura nodded. "Yes. Do you know what happened?"

"I do." Rogue stated. "From what I found in the ruins of Fairy Tail, someone used some kind of crazy magic involving a dead woman's body frozen in a crystal. It must have killed them, too, because I found a body with it. It was a man with black hair. He must have known about the magic, somehow."

Kagura nodded. "Well, I guess that man saved us both."

Rogue drank some of his water. "I guess he did."

There was a silence.

"Kagura... I'm sorry for-"

He was cut off again by her kissing him.

"You don't have to apologize. You did all this because you wanted your friend back. I understand."

Rogue smiled. "Thank you."

The two talked for a bit more, the whole day was them talking, getting to know each other better, and cheering each other up, the whole rainy day. Soon, night came.

"Oh, it's gotten late. Do you have a place you've been staying?" Rogue asked.

"No, I've spent all that time getting back here, hoping for another survivor. I guess I need a place to stay."

Rogue smiled. "How about here?"

Kagura smiled. "Sure."

Kagura and Rogue embraced, then started to kiss each other. Each moment, the kiss grew more intense, Rogue slid his hands down as Kagura let their tongues wrestle. Rogue stumbled backwards onto his straw bed, breaking the kiss, resulting in the two staring at each other.

"We... are old enough." Kagura said.

Rogue nodded. "Well then... Let's do it."

The two began to undress each other, afterwards, pulling each other into a rough makeout.

"I love you, Kagura."

"I love you too, Rogue."

The two began their future together.