Chapter 1- First Encounter

Dedicated to Nerdy_Chick146
These moments were like the moments we had last school days...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^-^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 1- First Encounter

Ian's gold hair shone under the burning sun, beside him was Hanzel Orkenlen...'Hanz' for short who has been out of control because of the extreme heat.

"Ian, what did you eat today that made you think to come up here on the top of the mountain with such hot temperature?! Have you lost your mind...are you not even feeling the heat that is only making you smile so big?!!" Hanz shouted.

"Well I ate bread and egg, then I thought its fun to go up here because of the view and I did not even know it'll be hot. Also... I haven't lost my mind...yet. Also nope... I don't feel extreme heat that much and I 'm smiling because, I can see the big view of Heillatrina." Ian replied.

"Will you please do something that might refresh me...?" Hanz pleaded.

"Sure."

Ian closed his eyes and opened it as he controlled the air making it to head directly towards Hanz's face.

"Not so bad..." Hanz sighed.

Then suddenly the warm air changed into cold air. The bright blue sky turned to gray and ice droplets began to fall. The hail became stronger that suddenly a blizzard surrounded Heillatrina and the ice droplets became bigger.

Ian and Hanz went down for a while and stood beside and stayed there for almost 10 minutes but still the hailstorm did not end.

"This hailstorm is completely different from the other hailstorms I have seen. This is not an ordinary one!" Hanz shouted.

"I hope it ends soon Hanz..." Ian said.

They waited for another 5 minutes but the hailstorm did not still end. But its strength lessen a bit, though the cold wind became stronger. It made some branches of trees flew and also destroyed some roofs.

"Ian, we must get to my cousin's house! I'm worrying about her and the house." Hanz said.

"I suggest that we start walking down the mountain." Ian replied.

"Walk down?! Are you insane? We might slip and what about the hailstorm? It might hit our heads so bad. Any other plans?" Hanz asked.

"Well...we will go down the mountain carefully by walking as I waterbend the big ice droplets that will make us dry as we reach your cousin's house. Now tell me Hanz, did that elaborate my plan?" Ian said.

"Alright Ian, will you please lead the way now?"

"Of course."

Ian stepped out of the tree and turned every ice droplets into water droplets and controlled it. They reached the city ground quickly and both of them did not even get wet because Ian removed all the water in their clothings and he did waterbending to keep them out of the hail. They reached the house and called for Hanz's cousin.

"Ron? Are you alright?" Hanz asked.

"Yeah I'm alright but the roof needs a help." Veronica replied.

Ian and Hanz ran towards Veronica's location. There they saw her standing while pointing the destroyed roof.

"Ian do me a favor..." Hanz said.

"You're always asking for a favor."

"Fine just...will you do a little metalbending?"

"Metalbending? Sure, sure. But let me ask you something, in our 5 years of friendship, what element is the hardest thing for me to bend?"

"That would be the Earth."

"Right, so how will I metalbend the roof if I haven't mastered moving a rock? It would be very hard for me to advance my Earthbending."

"Sorry, that's the only plan I have."

"Guys relax. Since Ian can't do Metalbending yet, I suggest we shall just use hammers and nails to fix the roof." Veronica suggested.

"Well then let's do it." Ian said.

Veronica, Ian and Hanz started fixing roof. After 3 hours of work and a little rest, Ian and Hanz decided to buy some food for lunch.

They left the house and took a walk on the road. They found a food stall and bought some food. They were about to leave the stall suddenly Ian noticed an old man ruthlessly beaten by the guards. He was helpless because of his age and if he ever tried fighting back he could've get himself killed. The guards left the old man weeping. Ian hurriedly ran towards the man and helped him.

He let him lean on his body and let him take some water.

"Why? Why are you helping me sir?" The man asked.

"You were beaten."

"I was only asking for a little money or just even a little food. Then the guards noticed me. They asked me what I want and I told them. At first they just laughed at me then they pushed me causing for me to hit the vegetable cart and accidentally destroyed it. The owner got mad so he told the guards to beat me."

"Well then, take my food and accept this money." Ian said.

"Thank you very much! Thank you for your great deeds." The man said weeping.

"Just stay out of the guards again." Ian said.

Ian and Hanz helped the man to stand and they left him. Ian bought another food for lunch and head back towards Veronica's house.

But as they took the way back, in an unexpected time, Ian and a person in the white cloak bumped each other at the intersection and they fell on the ground.

Ian hepled the person and he said sorry. As they stood up both of them stared each other.

Ian saw a girl standing before him. She has glossy silver hair that fell out of her hood and icy blue eyes. Her age must be around 18-20.

"I'm sorry, I have to go, I'm very late on my graduation. I didn't mean to bump you okay I'm just in a hurry. Gotta go!" The girl said.

The girl ran quickly and she did not turn back. Ian and Hanz continued on their way back.

"Ian, you know what, you just encountered an Icenwalch." Hanz said.

"Really?Aren't the second strongest but richest clan in Heillostra. They're known for their ice powers. Its my first time to see one in personal even in pictures." Ian said.

But as they walk across the street, they saw an advertising posted on a wall.

~Greetings, we invite you to watch the Graduation ceremony of the students of the famous trainer Matt Hakllep.
Time: 2 pm
Where: Heillatrina's Grand Arena~

"Hanz, you may want to go back to your cousin first. I'm going to watch this incoming Graduation." Ian said.