Chapter 1

"You have to use force and emotion without either the punch is worthless!" I yell at our trainees.

I pace the floor watching the new group of 15 or so new inductees, wailing on the punching bags.

Theres a 2:1 ratio of girls to boys, which is good that this is finally working, girls are finally starting to fight for themselves.

"Okay! Water break, and than grab your gear! Time to spar!!!" I yell.

"Jules! Come here" Cleo yells from the office. I jog over.

"What?"

"Look," she says pointing at the television.

"Police searching for any illegal fight clubs in the area, due to recent fights involving said clubs....." the broadcaster keeps talking.

"What are we gonna do?" Cleo asks. "Because I'm sure as hell were not legal!"

I remain silent.

"Monitor or back round check the new inductees" I tell her leaving the room

"Why?"

"Because they'll send someone" I say leaving.

"Matt!" I yell at my assistant trainer.

"Yeah boss?" he says jogging over.

"Any new clients today?" I ask him

"Yeah, 1 or 2" he say taking a drink from his water bottle.

"Okay, I need names and information, scratch the last part I need the names Cleo needs the information or just send them to her."

"Okay" he says walking away. But he stops and turns around. "you think after 4 years and being you best guy friend I would be more important than a messenger" he says winking.

"Hey, your one of the head trainers, what else do you want?" I say jokingly.

"Better pay." he says

"We don't get payed, smart ass" I say pushing him towards the trainees.

"See that could change" he yells from his mat. I shake my head laughing.

"Oh Matt, what am I gonna do with you." I say under my breath.

***************

Watching the trainees spar makes me realize, that we're not in that bad of shape.

Sure, I have to yell a bit.

Maybe say this

"SHAY! USE MORE FORCE ON THAT KICK!"

"ROB! YOU CALL THAT A HOOK FIST!? BULLSHIT! THROW YOUR WEIGHT INTO IF MORE!"

Or the rare.

"NICE SPIN ON THAT KICK, JEN!"

But they know I don't mean it to be mean, outs just constructive criticism.

**********

I say good bye to the last of the group. I grab my water bottle and drink from it sitting on one of the many piles of mats.

"Staying a bit longer, Jules?" Mattasks me walking out with Cleo.

"Yeah, just gonna let off some steam. And train a bit for Sunday."

"Okay see you at home." Cleo says.

Once their out the door I run over to the stereo and plug my iPhone in. I pull my dark curly hair into a ponytail.

I select my 'Fight' play list.

I instantly recognize the song playing.

'Yeah... yeah... yeah...'