Teammate #2 Found!

Naruto’s POV

“I guess it’s about time.”

“Is there something the matter, Captain Yamato?” Sakura asked.

He ignored her, scanning the surroundings before walking off the path and into the forest. “This way.”

“What?” Sakura and I exchanged a look before he called us to follow. The canopy closed over us, casting an eerie scene. The trees loomed overhead as we exited the tall grass and stopped in a clearing. No one had spoken since we left the path.

We ducked under logs, listening for anything unusual. Finally I couldn’t take the silence. “What are we even doing in here…”

Sakura looked to the sides, following me and ducking under the same log. A spider appeared beside her, startling her. She lifted the fallen tree above her with immense strength before she ran and Sai calmly climbed over it.

Her voice wasn’t shaky but she was disturbed. “Captain Yamato, what’s the plan here?” She passed me and I spared a glance at her worried expression. “The path we were on was fine. Where are we going?” He didn’t answer her. “Captain…”

“Lady Tsunade told you I’m sure.” He said as I walked into the conversation.

“Hey, what are you guys talking about?”

Captain Yamato stopped. “The information Sakura got could actually be a trap. There’s a possibility that the Akatsuki are just playing us. Tenshi bridge could be nothing but an ambush.”

Akira’s POV

Everything hurts… Evelyeen doesn’t kid around when it comes to training. I rubbed one of my shoulders barely able to stretch my arm that high. Another day until the jounin exams. I don’t even know what to expect… it’s not an overly publicized thing, it’s isolated within the villages own chunin and according to the training I’m getting it’s really difficult…

Suddenly this seems like a bad idea. I sighed as I walked passed the academy. I haven’t been able to check on Hanabi recently either. We’ve managed to train twice at night, and she’s getting better at sneaking out which might not be that best thing.

I continued walking, too sore to actually put in the effort for a visit.

“Psst…” I heard a voice try to get my attention.

“Yes?” I looked around, noticing a manhole cover lifting off the ground near my feet.

“Lady Akira. We need your assistance with some final details. If you would have us accompany you to the village, it would be greatly appreciated.”

“Ah, alright then. Move aside. I’m coming down.” I kneeled beside the cover and slipped under it dropping into the sewers. “How did you end up here? I don’t remember an opening leading to the sewers.”

“Ah, well we couldn’t find you in the usual spots so we took to the streets so to speak.” The woman said.

“You’re very diligent. You could have given up had you wanted to.”

“Never. The village needs you right now, and it was my job to find you.”

“Well even if you were just doing your job, thank you.”

“You’re very welcome Lady Akira.”

I sighed, “Can we drop the formalities? I’m younger than you, I’m weaker than you. I’m getting sick of all of this.”

“I- I would but it wouldn’t be a good habit to develop.”

“I understand.” I said following her into a hidden tunnel. “How close are we?”