Chapter 8

Chapter 8

**Emma's POV**

I cracked my eyes open and groaned. It took me a minute to register that it was brighter than my usual awakening hour, at 9:30 in the morning. I glanced over, the overly-bright green digits of my clock reading 10:45am. I shut my eyes again and rolled over. Then I proceeded to do a double-take.

WHAT.

10:45?!

Bailey and I were supposed to be at work by 10:30. I jumped out of my bed, got dizzy from standing too fast, sat down, slapped Bailey until she woke up, then watched Bailey repeat my "jumping-up-getting-dizzy-sitting-back-down-process".

Because that's how we roll.

We flew around the house, trying to get ready and get our shit together. We threw on our "Jump Highway Staff" T-Shirts, brushed quickly through our hair, and sprayed a bunch of perfume and body spray on each other, due to the lack of shower time.

What? Don't act like you've never done it.

I grabbed one of those oh-so-delicious chocolate dipped granola bars, tossed one to Bailey, and we jumped in the car.

As I drove to work, Bailey flipped through the radio stations, until she found a good one. I'm not sure why, but we both have this thing where we can't be in the car and not have music on. It just annoys us, so we always have the music blasting (well y'know, unless you're having like a serious conversation with someone).

"AND WE DANCED ALL NIGHT TO THE BEST SONG EVERRRRR!!!"

Bailey wailed/screeched as loud as she could and flailed her limbs around in a dancing manner, best as she could while buckled into her seat.

"OH HOT DAMN! THIS IS MAH JAMMMM!!" She turned the volume all the way up to max.

"SAID HER NAME WAS GEORGIA ROSE

OW!

AND THAT DADDY WAS A DENTIST!

SAID I HAD A DIRTY MOUTH

**I GOT A DIRTY MOUTH**

BUT SHE KISSED ME LIKE SHE MEANT IT"

Ultimately, it was a really good song, but I've never heard it before...maybe it's new? The more I heard of it, the more I liked it. Eventually I started jamming too, and wiggling about in my seat to the beat.

I RHYMED.

OH MY GLOB.

DJ EMMIE IN DA HOUUUUUSEEE. WUT WUT. RAISE DEE ROOOOF.

Aha. Joke. I'm way too white for that.

Anywho, we pulled up to the large brick building, and put on our shades as we got out of the car.

Why?

So we could look like total bad asses.

To crank up our bad assery effect even more, we walked in slow motion, towards the double doors, ready for some serious shizzle. Basically the only thing that could've made this scene have more of a bad ass effect, was if there was an explosion going on behind us, as we walked away from it, in slow mo.

We greeted our boss as we checked in for our shifts, apologizing for being late. He didn't care all that much. Anthony is super chill.

Probably because he has facial hair.

We went into the main room for supervision duty. The strobe lights always take a minute for my eyes to adjust to. As I glanced around, I noticed there's wasn't many people here today.