Playlists

-Jai-

We boarded the plane with ease, taking our assigned seats and getting comfortable before take off.

We were sitting in first class, because my father simply being who he was gave us that luxury. I sat in a window seat, content that I would have a gorgeous view once we started flying. Not only this, but with my headphones in I'll be able to avoid William for a couple of hours. I mean clearly, everyone knows that if you see someone with their headphones in, that means don't talk to them.

So I did just that. I put my headphones in my ears, and pressed play of my favorite playlist. My favorite because, Luke and I made it together. The songs were a mixture of both my and his favorites, therefore blending into the most pleasurable audio.

I felt the turbulence of the plane, meaning we were on the move and taking off. As soon as this plane hits the sky, I'll officially be on my way to New York. Without Luke.

Wow, my eyes water just to even think such a thing.

Is that pathetic of me? I mean, my mind and body both mentally and physically rely on Luke heavily. Isn't that dangerous? I'm basically putting all that I am in the hands of another human.

Another human that could might not even love me to the same extent.

What if I love Luke more than he loves me? What if this is all a laugh to him? What if I'm not actually that important to him? What if he just feels sorry for me? What if I'm just another person he can add to his list of lovers? After all, he's not with me right now-

No! None of that's true. C'mon Jai get a hold of yourself! Of course Luke loves me. He says so all the time! He'd be here if he could, and I should know that full well.

I smiled to myself, because the simple reminder that Luke does love me was enough to fill me up with happiness.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, and I internally groaned. Clearly, whoever is tapping me doesn't understand the basic law of headphone usage.

I paused my music and pulled out one of my headphones, turning to face the interrupter.

Oh what a surprise!
William.

"Yes?" I asked.

"So, about finding a girl for you-"

"Can we please not talk about that?" I begged.

"C'mon just for a second? You might like what I have to say."

I doubt it.

"Fine, go ahead." I forced myself to say.

"Great! Okay so, I have a client who works up in New York, and she so happens to have a beautiful daughter I think you might be interested in! I've already set up a date for you two, you both will be having dinner at the resort we're staying at tomorrow night." He smiled.

My blood ran cold and I physically froze. Not only this, but a horrible feeling arose in my stomach.

"W-what?" I asked in disbelief.

"I know! Exciting right?! You don't have to thank me, it's just what a dad does for his son." He said with a wink.

I had to get out of here.