Chapter 2

"Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t, sh*t, sh*t, sh*t, sh*******t," I groaned, falling backwards onto the bed.

There was no way this could end well.

I figured I had a few hours before Henry stopped looking for the mysterious girl from the woods, i.e. me, and I really could use a nap.

Running in wolf form was exhausting, and I had been up early this morning to help with the last minute preparations for my mate ceremony tonight.

I wanted to tell someone but my closest friend, Jackie, was Henry's cousin.

She'd always secretly prayed Henry and I would get along better because our bickering killed her.

I definitely wasn't going to go to Trevor, that seemed like a fight waiting to happen.

Looking at the clock on my desk, I realized that I had a little over half an hour before I would be summoned by my friends to get ready for my big night.

"Kill me," I groaned, yanking the covers over me.

I rolled onto my side and shut my eyes.

My last thought before I drifted off to sleep was a silent prayer to the moon goddess that Trevor was the one for me, not Henry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was awoken what seemed like a few seconds later by a loud pounding on the bedroom door.

"Whaaaaat?" I groaned.

"Liz! Jackie, Anna, and Layla are going crazy. Apparently, you should have been with them forever ago," Henry called from the other side of the door.

Looking over at the clock, I realized that it was nearly an hour late.

Oops.

Suddenly, the memory of what I had been trying to sleep off slammed back into me.

"Go away," I grumbled.

"No, I was told to wait till you were out or come in and drag you to them," He explained.

"Henry, my door is locked, and I don't wanna see you. Go tell them I'll be down in a second," I shot back, content with my argument.

He sighed heavily, and I thought he was going to just go like I had told him.

I was about to get out from under the covers when my door slammed open, splinters of wood flying everywhere.

Out of instinct, I yanked the blankets over my face to protect myself from the shrapnel.

There, in my broken doorway, stood Henry, still flush from our earlier run.

I nearly jumped out of bed to slap him for destroying part of my room when I happened to glance down.

Gulping, I realized I was still in the same stupid white sundress from earlier and my hair was down, which was not my usual style.

Rather than leap up, I shrank underneath the blanket, clutching it to my body.

Henry took in my cowardly appearance, and his eyebrow shot up.

"Now this is unlike the great Elizabeth Paul, being afraid of someone, especially me," he crossed his arms over his chest.

He closed the door behind him, making it clear he had no intention of leaving.

Despite the threshold being splintered, the door still swung shut with finality that made me jump a little.