6

Unexpected Kiss and Possible Love Triangle

"Was that your only kiss together with him, dear?" Minerva asked.

"No, it's not, but I'll tell you when it was. Our only other kiss together was before him, Ron, and Hermione left to go on their search. Harry and I were privately talking and saying goodbye when I started crying because I didn't want him to leave. I wanted to come with them, and I told Harry that I could help them. Maybe they'll even need me and my knowledge, especially if I'm a Dumbledore, and I learned a lot from my father." "What happened then?" "Well, then Harry said that I'm better off here for my safety and Hermione and Ron later on agreed. They didn't want anything to happen to me, and I guess knowing that I'll be here, then I'll be better off. Of course, Harry didn't want me to cry, so he wiped the tears off of my face, and the next thing I know, he kissed me." "Did you kiss him back?" "I mean, of course, I did, yeah. I liked it more than I'd like to admit." "Did you feel any type of way about the way compared to how you felt when Severus used to kiss you?"

"I mean, yes, no, I don't know. Maybe that's my problem? But the way Harry kissed me that day when we were privately talking was so passionate and soft in a way that I didn't expect at all. It was really different from before, like a different feeling. It was almost as if he was trying to tell me something, but I don't know what it could be." "Hmmm, I think I may know some, but continue, dear, " she said as she looked at me. "It's just, I never really knew how he felt about me, either. I mean, he's liked other girls in the past and not me. I know I used to have a crush on him, but at the same time, he's my best friend. We're close like siblings almost." "Maybe he doesn't even know himself either. Things could change quickly, you know, and boys are complicated. Not that I'm surprised or anything, Paige, that he kissed you twice over the years, but you two have been that close for quite some time."

"What do you mean?" "I know you've had all those talks with your father about love and relationships, dear. Love is the most powerful force and thing in the universe, but it can also make or break you. It's complicated, like you'll want to scream, but it's worth it." "It's hard for me to realize, but I believe I realize it now. I mean, on how I've always felt about Harry, deep inside, even though I feel a certain way about Severus. But I miss Harry more than I would like to admit, and I wish I were by his side." I glanced at her as she glanced back. "Paige, you're falling in love with him, and you don't realize it, but I do." I'm speechless; I can't say anything. It's hard to admit to myself that I could be in love with my best friend. I mean, am I really starting to fall in love with Harry? Even though I still have deep feelings for Severus? "I'm so confused," I managed to admit. "Well honey, in my opinion, I think you love Severus, but you've also come to love Harry too."

I was silent as she also stated, "You're in a love triangle, dear."

I didn't say anything else as I leaned on her shoulder, and we're sitting there in calm, relaxing silence.

~ Three Days Later ~

I sucked in a huge breath as I stared at Severus, waiting for him to say something back.

We somehow ended up bickering over the same thing again, just like before. And here I thought we're starting to get past it. I watched as his back was towards me, and he didn't respond for a couple of minutes. He finally turned around with a tear on his cheek, and his emotion changed. "Listen, Paige, I want you to take this tear and keep it safe until I tell you to. Understood?" I nodded as I saw something small in his hand, and I looked at him, confused. I did what I was told, and I didn't bother to ask any questions, nor did I want to. Our hands connected, and I felt something jolt inside my body, which I tried to ignore. I held the vile as I saw his tears on the bottom of it. I have a feeling deep down he wants me to hold onto this in case something bad happens. I put the vile in my robe pocket as I glanced at him with caring eyes.