Chapter Ten: Battle Cry

This day had just got worse not only did we lose Goat, and Mac but now we've lost Destroyer and Portman. Duke ain't doing good about it. Reaper is next to me looking even more pissed.. My front is facing his chest as I try to wrap my head around this whole situation. This wasn't suppose to happen. None of us were suppose to die and they didn't deserve to die by some alien experiment, they were suppose to die in battle not by fucken mosters.

"Ro...", I hear John whisper. I looked at him only to have a tear fall. I'm not suppose to show emotion but John could see right through it. He rubbed my shoulders as I gripped his left hand with my right.

"This wasn't suppose to happen Reap", I whispered to him. He lifted my chin with his hand and caressed my cheak giving me a peck on the lips.

We broke apart as Samantha explained how she figured that the first monster they collected from the sewer, the one that killed Goat; was Willits!

Arora took in the words replaying in her head, trying to understand just what the fuck she meant. How the fuck could humans turn into that, unless. No they couldn't have done that.

Her thoughts were willing to give in on every theory a chance after what they've gone through.
Sarge ordered Duke and The Kid to go back down to the dig to see if the two scientists they saw were really dead.
"What were you sent to protect?" Reapers voice broke me out of my thoughts.
"The research data!" Samantha spoke stressfully.

Arora made her way next to them, suddenly wishing I heard what they were talking about but Sarge was furious so I spoke.
"Research into what Sam?" I said through gritted teeth.

We watched as she put the hardrive on the computer and a video popped up. I felt disgusted that they created genisis and worked with it on a human subject. These bastards just created a hell of demons!

Reaper turned off the video stream and we couldn't believe hat this was what we were dying for a half ass science experiment gone wrong.
He wanted to destroy the disks which Sarge wasn't letting happen.

"Sarge, what we just saw...", he said before Sarge cut him off
"I didn't see shit, I ain't paid to see shit". He said angrily.

Reaper and Sarge were arguing which I cut in," Sarge you don't expect us to die trying to save their half ass experiment"I hissed harshly at him. He faced me which I glared and stood tall, he tried to come at me but Reaper blocked his view,"I wouldn't try" he said to Sarge.

"You better damn well stick with the mission, otherwise I will not hesitate to put you in place"  Sarge glared at us. He told us to follow but was cut off yet again
"You want to just leave her here?" He said.
Sarge told him that she had a job to do and so do we!
I shook my head, Sarge was acting really strange, he wasn't his caring scary self. He looked a monster himself!

We heard Pinky yell through our comms that something was breaking through the door. We headed out there but was too late it went through the Ark.

Samantha wasn't answering Portmans comm that Reaper gave her. So he headed but as Arora went with him, not liking it either.
"Ro..go back with them, I'll be there!" He yelled back at me.
"No, fuck that I'm coming with you. We stick together like you said remember". She yelled back at him.

"Why?"

"Because...you do that for the people you love". I admitted to him ,which I knew it was a shock to him. I wanted to say that for a long time and minus well have said it now because we could all die down here.

We ran back to the lab, Reaper went in as I guarded the door.

~minute later~
Reaper came out grabbed my upper arm and we ran with Samantha behind us.
"Whats going on?" I yelled.

"Its choosing who to infect" Samantha stated.

What the fuck? Why the hell was it choosing. Please do not say those things go after behavioral psycho people. This shit just got even more fucked up as it is.....