Chapter Eight

Does anyone ever get that moment when you're just inspired and you write a chapter? I am feeling this right now.

Marinette was up wide eyed and full of energy the next morning. Though she didn't remember asking Chat to stay the night, she felt golden.

When she arrived early to school on Monday she surprised the whole class. Alya walked in and was confused when she saw Marinette sitting at their desk without the slightest sign of bags under her eyes.

"What happened to you girl?"

Adrien and Nino turned around to face her as Alya sat down next to her best friend.

"I have no idea. I had the greatest sleep ever last night."

Adrien felt the blood rush to his cheeks, knowing exactly why. He had woken up around 4:30 this morning, realizing his transformation wore off. He snuck Plagg some cheese before he went home.

His face grew even hotter as he remembered what she said to him last night.

"Don't tell Chat this but... I think I'm falling for him..."

The thought of her loving him made his heart flutter and he honestly wanted to just jump and shout out that Marinette was his and only his.

He was ecstatic that she was falling in love with the side of him he can't let anyone see as Adrien and wanted to kiss her for that. But one thing stopped him. Ladybug.

He still felt as if he was betraying her but he was slowly starting to break himself away from her, with every minute he spent with Marinette.

"Adrien? If you could stop daydreaming and pay attention to my class, that would be great." Mrs. Bustier said, dragging his attention away from his confusing love life.

"Yes ma'am sorry."

He saw Plagg shuffle down in his back pack chewing on some Chamembert.

How'd he even sneak that in my bag? Oh god I think I can smell it.

~~~~~

There was a knock on Marinette's window. She smiled as she saw glowing green eyes stare back at her and a familiar silly black cat sitting on the ledge.

"Kitty-"

"Come with me."

She furrowed her eyebrows at him slightly before scoffing.

"Where?"

He smiled flirtatiously at her before winking.

"Anywhere. Who cares?"

Something is off. Chat doesn't act like this.

"Chat where?" The cat in front of her narrowed his eyes before reaching for her with his clawed hands.

"I said, come with me." He growled through gritted teeth as he dug his nails into her back and dragged her to him.

"Get off!" She yelled and suddenly they were out the window, sailing towards the ground. She squeezed her eyes shut as she screamed. They stopped with a jolt causing her to grunt. She opened her eyes as they began soaring into the sky.

They were going straight up, extremely fast.

The buildings looked like they were built for ants from their height.

I can't transform. Tikki. She's in my room.

"Call for him." The fake hissed in her ear, loosening his grip on her, letting her drop a few inches.

She screamed again before calling out his name.

"Chat!"

She held on tightly to the wannabe Chat as he let her drop again.

Chat's ears perked up at the sound of a scream.

Marinette?

The screaming was followed by a Chat.

He launched himself off of the building he was laying on. He was annoyed by his father and Nathalie so he decided to take a break as Chat. And now, his princess was in trouble.

"Princess!" He yelled back, he got to her room but it was empty. The curtain was hanging outside the window, blowing in the wind.

"Kitty!" She cried out. He looked up at the balcony and there was a baton extended upwards. When he narrowed his eyes he saw a scared Marinette in the grasp of himself but she was hanging on his arm as he grinned maliciously at her.

"Mari!" He did the same with his baton and leapt towards the copy cat. "You," he seethed. "I thought we got rid of you Copy Cat."

He was up with them now and Marinette looked somewhat relieved.

"Give me your Miraculous Chat Noir." Copy Cat said, extending a hand towards Chat.

"Kitty, no!" Marinette shook her head no. Copy Cat gnarled at her.

"Shut up, stupid girl." He whispered, shaking her arm roughly before dropping her.

"Princess!" Chat cried out as he dived after her. The Copy Cat grabbed his shoulder, pushing him back the other way.

Marinette was screaming below him as he tried to swim through the air to get to her faster.

"Princess!" He called out again, tears brimming in his eyes.

I can't lose you Marinette. Please. We're supposed to be soulmates!

His mind was screaming at him in agony as he dove after her. The buildings were getting closer and closer with each second.

Marinette looked up at her crying kitty with scared watery eyes. Her pigtails came loose and her hair began to whip around wildly, lashing at her face.

"Kitty?"

"No!" He let out another scream and held out the 'o'. He used his baton and extended it to a building to forcibly push off of to reach her. They were tens of feet from the ground as he grabbed her slim waist tightly. He threw his baton at a crack and grabbed onto it before swinging himself and Marinette to rest on top of it.

They were both panting heavily, Chat crouched and Marinette sitting on his lap, her head resting on his chest.

"Kitty... You saved me."

He looked down at her with his tear filled eyes.

"I'd always save you Princess. God I thought I was going to lose you!" He placed his hand on the back of her head and buried his face into her neck.

She hugged him back before wiping her eyes, smiling.

"Thank you Kitty."

Short dramatic chapter for ya. Until next time, peace!