Chapter Sixteen

10k! I never thought I'd get to that so thank you very much! This is amazing!

Thanks @victxry for making me laugh in the middle of biology and making me look like a crazy person! And also thank you @solvux for the encouragement.

Also, I am sorry about the lack of updates. I won't be able to post till Monday.

The next day at school Marinette was clutching the beloved sketchbook tightly to her chest. She flinched every time someone walked near her; in fear that they would push her or it would be Chloe coming to steal her designs once more.

Adrien had noticed that this morning. No one else would have noticed the flinching but he could see the slight nearly invisible jolt she'd make every time she heard foot steps.

He kept an eye on her through out the entire day, the same time as he waited for Chloe to do the apology he made her agree to. Noon rolled around and Chloe still hadn't done what he told her to do.

"Marinette!" The poor girl jumped, startled and snapped her head towards Adrien.

Oh I hope she didn't whiplash her neck...

"Oh..." She took a calming breath and continued. "It's just you."

"I just heard about what Chloe did to you yesterday... I'm sorry she's like that to you. But I promise to make it stop, okay Mari?"

Marinette was gaping like a fish at the blonde green eyed boy in front of her.

"Uh, it's okay. Really." She gave him a smile as she tightly clenched her designs in her arms.

"So those are the designs Chat Noir has been telling me about. He says you refuse to show it to him until they're all done."

Marinette's cheeks reddened. "You-you know Chat?"

Adrien nodded as he noticed the several shades of pink color her cheeks. "He talks about you a lot. I think he really likes you."

"H-he d-does? W-What does he t-talk about?"

Her cute stuttering made him pause.

She's stuttering because she thinks I talk to Chat Noir... Well, I'm technically not lying... Does she- does she like Chat Noir back? That-

"Adrien?"

"Yes Princess?" He slapped a hand over his mouth and widened his eyes.

"W-what did you just call me?" Marinette's heart stopped.

Did he just call me Princess?... It feels familiar but... I kind of want to keep that name just to Chat...

"Uh Princess. I've heard Chat call you that a few times. Is it alright if I call you that?"

"I, it's just, it's nothing against you I promise. It's just that I'd like to keep that name to Chat. But you can call me anything else if you want."

He suppressed a grin as he continued. "Oh okay. But yeah, Chat talks about you all the time. But I can't tell you what he says. But can I see those designs?" He tried to sneak a peek at the loose pages.

"Nope. The first to see will be Chat. You can see them after him though." She promised to Adrien. "I got to go now! I'll see you tomorrow Adrien!" She began to run down the sidewalk and turned the corner.

"I'll see you tonight Princess."

~~~~~

Marinette had been fiercely at work with her seeing for the past three hours. She had a shirt sewn together and was currently working on a men's dress shirt for Chat when said person knocked on her window.

"Kitty! Close your eyes!" He did as she said and she shoved the pinned shirt into her drawer. A point from one of the pins dragged across her palm and another pricked her finger.

"Ow!" She hissed and placed her finger in her mouth. The cut on her palm had bead of blood lining it, forming a dark red streak.

"Marinette?" The window slid open and Chat welcomed himself in. He walked over to her and peered over her shoulder.

"Geez, what did you do?" He pulled her hand to him, taking the tip of her finger out of her mouth. He muttered to himself under his breath, "Clumsy girl."

"Where's your first aid kit?" She pointed to her bathroom and he left, only to return with a small white plastic box in hand.

"I can do this myself Chat."

"I know. But sometimes it's better to have a helping hand." He grabbed her hand, carefully avoiding the cut with his claws and brought it closer for inspection.

He opened the white box and pulled out some disinfectant. "This is gonna sting. If you need to, you can always hold my hand." He smirked up at her and gave her a wink.

"Thanks kitty but I think I can handle this." She laughed at his horrible attempt. He shrugged in defeat and sprayed the disinfectant onto her open wounds. She winced from the burning sensation but kept her hand in place.

"Okay. The worst part is over." Chat said as he wrapped a white bandage around her palm and partly over her wrist. He placed a kiss on the white cloth before kissing the tiny cut on the tip of her finger. He wrapped a band aid around that and stood up.

"All done!"

"Thank you Dr. Chat. I think I'll live now." He laughed a short laugh and dropped my hand.

"So what did you do?"

"I just cut myself with some pins that's all." Marinette shrugged. "I picked out a new movie by the way!"

He watched her eyes sparkle in excitement as she went on about the movie.

"It's called Avatar. I haven't seen it yet and I though that you'd like to see it cause I remember you saying you don't get to see too many movies and then that note you left me so-"

"Marinette." Chat placed a gloved finger on her lips, his claw gently scraping the skin above her lip. "That sounds great."

She jumped in excitement. "Great! Let's go!" She grabbed his hand with her bandaged one and yanked him down the stairs.

I want to do this more often, Chat.

Happy early Easter! Or whatever. I don't judge. Until next time, peace!