CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 3, THOMAS'S P.O.V.

I was shaken from my thoughts at the sound of my name. 

"...and Tommy. What's your name?" Minho was saying. 

"Um... Will." the boy said. He looked completely confused, which was understandable. Had I looked that out of place when I came out of the box? "Where am I?"

"Welcome to the Glade, Greenie." Newt said. He glanced around before saying to the Gladers, "All you shuck-faces get back to work! Come on, not like ya haven't seen a Greenie before." 

Everyone started clearing out and going back to their usual jobs around the Glade and soon it was just me, Minho, Newt, and Will standing in front of the box. 

"Hey, you're bleeding." Newt said, pointing to Will's arm. 

Will looked at his arm and a look of even more shock and confusion crossed his face. 

"It's words." Minho said.

And there, engraved in the new kid's arm, were the words THE END, dripping in blood. 

"I'll go get something for that." Newt said, turning and running into the Homestead. 

"Did you know that was there?" I said. 

"Uh, no..." Will said, shaking his head and glancing up at me. 

Newt came back a minute later with a towel to stop the blood. Minho pulled me away a few feet. 

"'The End'. You remember what that means? Teresa. The Ending. That's when everything turned to klunk last time. What do you think it means?" he said. 

"I don't know. But he reminds me of Chuck." I said. 

"Tommy, come on. You gotta stop thinkin about that suff, dude. We need you right now. I mean, I know you miss Chuck but you gotta keep your head." Minho said.