Chapter 9

Trapped in darkness, she tried to open her eyes to tell the others that she’s not dead, that she’s just sleeping. She wanted to scream, cry for help. But there was nothing, only darkness that seemed so freighting to her. Emily sensed her body and suddenly opened her eyes, the light hit her vision and made her think for a while where she was. In her room, she was lying in her bed, her night clothes on her. She was alone, the world seemed to her so quite. Where is everyone and what time is it. She remembered everything that happened to her, the look on Michele’s face, the feeling of her heart, she put her hands on her chest and felt pain, she looked on her skin and found a big blue bruise on the left side of her chest. She knew now that she wasn’t imagining the hit on her chest, something did hit her that day. She sat in her bed for a while and then she decided to go find the others, and by the others she meant Michele

Pulling a shirt and shorts, she drank some water and went downstairs. She heard voices coming from the library.

‘Hey!’ She said seeing Michele sitting in the big char in the library talking with Lucas.

‘Well, well if it isn’t the hero that almost killed herself’ Lucas laughed and Michele Joined him.

‘Oh shut up!’ Emily went and joined them.

‘Seriously, what were you thinking?’ Lucas looked at Emily.

‘I had to do something, I couldn’t leave him die there’ and suddenly a voice was calling Michele ‘Michele do you want something else?’

Michele looked at the door, ‘No thanks’

The same girl from that day came from the door and sat next to Michele, sat very close to him. He looked completely normal by her move. She looked at Emily ‘Aw hi! How do you feel now?’

‘Better thanks’ Emily looked at Michele and then at the girl, then again at Michele. ‘So do you know each other?’

‘Oh I’m sorry, I forgot to intrudes myself, I’m Cindy Anderson’

Emily looked at Michele.

‘Are you all right, you look pale’ Lucas grabbed her arm.

‘You mean THE Cindy that you told me about?’ Emily asked Michele.

He smiled ‘Yes’

Emily felt something, she wasn’t sure if she was glad that Michele finally got his best friend back, or … she didn’t know what the other feeling was, but it was strange.

Emily felt mad of how he wrapped his arms around her, but she had a male close friend and Jason wraps his arms around her when she’s sitting next to him. But, Jason is not Cindy. Emily saw that Cindy’s gaze was on her ‘Thank you for what you did down there, I really appreciate that you saved me even when you didn’t even know me, and for saving Michele too’

Well I didn’t save him for YOU! ‘No problem, Michele can I talk to you for a second’

“Sure” he looked surprised.

‘Make it fast, mom told me that she wants to talk to you’ Lucas looked like something was bothering him.

They went to the hallway, Michele turned and faced her, he took her head in his hands and started kissing her, first she didn’t do anything she just went along, but then she came to her main thoughts, focus! She pulled her face back ‘Michele I didn’t want to discuss this’

He looked at her, after what happened to them, he looked different, thinner and his eyes weren’t the same like before, something has changed. ‘What then?’