Chapter 2

Emily woke up on a sound, she looked at the clock; it was fife thirty in the morning, the color of the sky was a light blue. The voice of some knocking came again. She went out of her room and noticed that the sound was coming from Lucas’s room. She opened the door and saw Lucas outside the window trying to open it, she saw him and rushed to open the window. He had changed his angelic form and now he was wearing a shirt with long sleeves and black jeans. His dirty blond hair was kind of messy and she saw purple circles round his eyes, he also looked like he lost some weight, she could see his bones making a sharp shape on his cheeks . He looked very tired and she felt sad to see him in this way.

She always loved Lucas, he was a very sweet and kind brother, they went to circuses, played soccer -she always saw soccer more interesting than doles- together. He always shared his presents with her and they played together, when she was scared, he slept on the carpet in her room and told her that there is no such thing as closet monsters, after she made him check her whole closet. He was the big-savior- kind brother.

Lucas looked at her and smiled ‘Sorry for waking you up, I just didn’t want to come through the front door, I didn’t want to wake mom, you can go to sleep now, I won’t make any noise’

She sat on his bed ‘That’s ok, I’m awake now I don’t feel like I want to sleep.' she paused then asked him the qouestion that was on her mind for hours '                                                                                                                               Luke, what’s going on with you? look at yourself’

He looked down on his clothes ‘Yah, I should probably take a shower’

‘I mean you look very tired, like you haven’t slept for decades, is there something you want to talk about?’

‘Em, thanks but this is something I shouldn’t be discussing with you, will you go to bed now?’

‘But I’m almost a full angel. You can discuss whatever you want’

After what seemed a long argument Lucas was having with himself he finally answered ‘Ok, but can I take a shower first, I’m dying here’

She looked at his face ‘Ok, but I will wait here’

‘Wait wherever you want’ He took his clothes and headed to the bathroom.

She sat in Lucas’s bed and looked at his pictures, she noticed an old picture of her, Dad, Mom and Lucas standing in their yard smiling to the camera. She remembered that day, they were having a barbecue in their back yard, her dad had just been promoted so they were celebrating for that. We looked so happy back then Emily thought we used to spend time together, how did we end up like this… suddenly a noise came from the window, she looked shook her head, her dad was standing right in front of her, her was in his angelic gear, he looked different in some way.

DAD! What are you doing here? And what is it with you guys and windows today.’

He took her hand ‘You have to come with me, NOW!’

‘What? I can’t just go with you, I have to tell mom and why aren’t you saying hello to her?’

‘Emily! We don’t have time to discuss this right now, you’re in danger’

Emily shook her head ‘W-why?’

Her dad took her hand ‘Just come and I will explain later’

She couldn’t think clearly, why is she in danger, has she done something that will make her dad come and save her? ‘But what about mom and Luke? We can’t leave them here’