Welcome back from the dead

I walked through darkness, wondering where everyone was at. I saw a figure in front me, but it was too dark to see who it was.

"Hello? Do you know where we are?" I jogged towards the person. She appeared to have black hair, wearing an assassin's outfit.

As she turned around and grabbed my shoulder, fear in her eyes. It became clear who that was. I used to see her pictures around the house, who was a well known assassin. My mother.

"Mother?" I gasped, confused of where I was and what was happening. "But you're dead..." I whispered, still taking all her features in.

"My dearest Anastasia, she's coming. Get out of London." Tears started to fall from my mother's eyes. "What are you talking about?! Mother!" My mother surely did terrify me with her words. However, she started to fade away slowly.

As the darkness left and so did my mother, I opened my eyes to see Sam, Evie and Henry. Jacob's head was on my chest, wrapping my body in his arms.

"Oh good lord Anastasia." Sam let out a breathe he did not know he held. Jacob raised his head, tear stains were on his cheek. Evie helped me to raise my body, she placed my head on her lap as she placed her fingers in my hair.

"Never do that to me again." Jacob whispered in my ears, hugging me tightly while sobbing. I did not understand what has happened, the only last thing I remembered was seeing my mother.

"What happened?" I asked Sam confused, as he was holding my hand tightly. "Well, you died." Henry said. "What?" I was more confused than ever. "If I died why am I here?"

"The shroud, Anastasia." Sam said, his grip on my hand was still tight. "It heals up your wounds and brought you back. The legends are true..." Evie said with a gentle smile.

"But I..." I held my tongue before I could mention to any of them that I had seen my mother, if I did mention it, they would have thought I was crazy.

"Come on, let's get going." Henry said gently, glancing over Evie as they both smiled at each other.

Evie and Jacob hid the shroud in its own place where no one could ever reach it. It was too powerful for anyone's control.

Once Jacob and Evie were done, Jacob came towards me and carried me. "Jacob, I'm not in pain. Im fine." I resisted at first, I didn't want to seem weak. "Nonsense Anastasia." Jacob silenced me.

-

Once we reached the train, Jacob and I went right to our cart. A paper on the bed caught my attention, as I did not remember leaving a paper on the bed. I picked up the note and read the message.

     Welcome back from the dead, see you very soon my sister.

                                  - Your sister

The letter was in fact confusing, I did not have any siblings. Could it be? What my mother has said to me was in fact true? It couldn't.

"Anastasia.." Jacob called out to me as he removed his assassin's outfit and removed his top hat. "Yes my love?" I said as I crumbled the letter and threw it in my drawer.

Jacob looked at me with a sad smile. He started to approach me. hugging me tightly. "Please don't do that to me again Anastasia." He whispered, fear in his voice.

"I thought I have lost you forever." Jacob kissed my forehead as his hands caressed my pale cheeks. "Oh my love...I'm sorry." I whispered, loud enough for him to hear.