Your twisted mind is like snow on the road

And here I am again friends

At 3AM writing enemy gays because I have no life

So, hello friends (just occurred to me that some people may be reading this because they're into Lawlight not me??? WOW HI I'M SUGARSPICESATAN I'M 14 YOU COULD PROBABLY PICK ME UP I'M LIKE 100 POUNDS AND 5'4 GO AHEAD SLING ME OVER YOUR SHOULDERS)

.

.

.

The frost crawled up every window, every wall. It seeped through cracks in windows, through the unknown crannies of a fresh building.

The bed was freezing that night. Then again, the metal of handcuffs and the hatred radiating off of your sworn enemy was enough to make any night feel like it was an icy oblivion. It made the captor feel like a prisoner.

L lay there, for absolutely no other reason than to contemplate percentages of evil, watching Light's chest rise and fall. It wasn't as if his breathing pattern would reveal a dark secret, but it was the only non-static thing in the room. L needed to focus on something to keep him grounded, to save him from a swirling tide of thought.

Light's face displayed something reminiscent of discomfort. His breath stopped abruptly, only to continue at an accelerated rate. L assumed he was having a nightmare. Maybe if he sat and watched how the Kira suspect reacted to the stress of an imaginary confrontation, he could deduce something important about the Yagami male. Light whimpered, shocking L. Light, scared? It reminded him of all that time the suspect had spent in confinement, Light completely vulnerable. It was amusing, dare he say it.

Light looked like he was going to burst into tears. What could possibly be scaring him so much? Maybe the death of a family member?

No.

The only thing Light Yagami feared was being caught.

What if he was feigning sleep? Trying to trick L into feeling pity for him? L scooted closer to Light, undoing the bed spread in the process. Wrinkles covered the white surface, and the sheet was ripped from the mattress. Light whined again.

Should L keep observing? Should he wake him up? Ask him about his nightmare, in hopes to mine information?

No, Light would never open up about his troubles. He was too concerned to raise suspicion. If he seemed unstable, or too stable for that matter, it might alert the detective attached to his wrist.

Light cried out again. L was still struggling with his morals. Any kind person would wake him up. However, Lawliet wasn't every person. He wanted results. Light looked like he was suffering, and despite L's emotionless facade, he felt a bit guilty. Light sniffled, clawing at the sheets.

L was confused the second Light spoke. "I-I'm not a criminal! You can't do this!" He wailed. It seemed he was having a nightmare about Kira. Rather pointless to have a nightmare of yourself. "If you hurt me, L will know!" The boy hissed. L had to hold back laughter. Sure, they were friends, but did Light really think he was a source of protection? The second he was caught as Kira, he's be executed or imprisoned at his hand. Seeing your future's darkness as some sort of comfort was unwise.

Light's face continued to display discomfort, but L wasn't going to wake him up now. This was too important, something he's never hear Light speak of outside of the dream.

Fear. Fear of himself.

Light's eyes shot open, focusing in on the detective. "Ryuzaki! What are doing staring at me like that?" He hissed. "Light-kun was having a nightmare." He stated. "Let me guess. You needed to see if I reacted to a confrontation the same way Kira's expected to?" Light narrowed his eyes just a bit. "You are correct in your assumptions." L sighed.

"Can we at least remake the bed?" Light sounded equally uncomfortable. "I can't see why not." L unfurled from his usual position, stepping to the ground. Light was almost yanked off the mattress, but stood up in time. He grabbed one corner of the brown sheets, L taking the other and tucking it around an edge of mattress. L then lazily fitted the comforter to the bed, and propped up Light's pillow. It wasn't as if he'd be using his own.

Light tucked himself in as far as he could get from Ryuzaki, god forbid he'd wake up next to the strange investigator. L just awkwardly lay on top of the warm blanket. He hadn't slept in days. Soon, he felt his body start to betray him. His systems were shutting down, quitting after all the abuse he lent them to. His eyes were shut, limbs feeling as if they were made of fluid heat.

.

.

.

When he awoke a few hours later, he was shocked by the warmth that embraced him. Had he made his way under the covers? Had Light upped the thermostat in the midst of L's slumber?

He looked over his shoulder for an explanation, which he quickly got. It wasn't one he'd been expecting. The heat turned bitter and sickly upon the sight of it. Light Yagami was clutching onto him as if he was something precious. His arm was tightly wound around the detective's narrow waist, the free hand resting tenderly on L's shoulder.

L felt like pins were pricking every pore. He could feel the inner hatred boiling off Light quicker than liquid nitrogen.

Yet, there Light lay, holding onto L the way a child holds onto his security blanket. L was disturbed by the warmth that encased his tired body. There was still the small, human portion of him who was fighting to enjoy the rouge, sweet touch. He wouldn't let that part of him win.

And so, L gently removed the hand from his shoulder, in an attempt to avoid waking the other a second time. The deeply buried orphan inside of him whined. The orphan never got the affection other children did. The stoic adult shushed him.

Getting Light's arm away from his waist would prove more difficult a task. He tried rolling to the side, the chain limply laying beside Light-kun's free hand. It worked for a second before Light shifted, threatening to rise. L had to choose: wake up Light and be mercilessly lectured, or suffer a strand of disgustingly human touch.

L decided he couldn't handle the sickly heat anymore. He roughly yanked Light's arm out from under him, Light's sleeping body sighing. His breath returned to the heavy, regulated state. Ryuzaki felt the need to distance himself further. He shifted towards the edge until a large thud sounded, followed by a yelp and a sharp pain.

Light shot up in the bed.

"Ryuzaki..." He grumbled. "Yes?" Ryuzaki's voice went monotone. "Did you really just fall out of the bed?" He sounded surprised. "Yes." L was still rigid. "May I ask how?" Light sounded like he as going to rip his head clean off. "I was attempting to distance myself from your touch." L was half-expecting Light to be  offended. "Ryuzaki, I'm not going to be horribly concerned if I wake up touching you. I'd rather be allowed to sleep, thank you very much." The Yagami male sounded genuine, but grumpy. "If that's what Light-kun truly thinks, I will refrain from removing myself from the bed." He sounded so clinical.  L crawled back into the bed, still at the furthest end. He may have been allowed to touch the brunette now, but that didn't mean he wanted to.

Light fell asleep again, leaving Lawliet to his thoughts. He watched the Kira suspect's chest rise and fall in time. The only thing that had changed was the human sudden urge to...reach out and touch him? Lawliet cautiously reached a hand out, letting it fall to Light's hair. His hair was soft and fluffy, looking mildly shimmery in the dark. It was warm, a lovely contrast to the ice of the night, and L's skin.

Well, that was enough to satiate the need for human contact. Lawliet retracted his hand, vowing to never touch Light-kun in an unnecessary way again.

At least, until the next time he was awoken being held like a child's prized possession.

.

.

.

LOL THAT WAS SLIGHTLY GAY