Ocean Blue

{Dreams}

"In my book, there's a map. Chart a course to the Eastern Sea. There's a clan there, led by a woman called Luna, a friend. Tell her I sent you"
- Lincoln to Clarke

On the Ark, Clarke Griffin had dreamt of Earth's oceans. She had drawn them in her sketch book, on the walls of her prison cell. She had drawn them according to descriptions found in achieved books. She had drawn them according to brief glimpses of Earth from port windows.

But nothing – nothing could have prepared her for the vastness of it, the sheer beauty of it. As Clarke stood barefoot on the beach, a salty breeze playing with her sun-kissed hair, she gazed off towards the horizon, deep in thought.

Luna had spoken of civilizations across the sea. Floukru's oracles and healers had come from across the sea. The boat people were different from the native clans, they were more spiritual, more tempered, more knowing.

Clarke lifted her face to the sky, taking in the warmth of the rising sun, just as two well-muscled arms wrapped around her waist from behind. She smiled, knowing who it was without even turning around.

"Bellamy," she sighed, leaning back into his broad chest.

Bellamy, being a head taller than her, placed his chin atop her hair. Clarke's hands came up and held his forearm, her thumb stroking his skin unconsciously.

"It's almost time to go." He murmured into her hair, his lips finding her temple.

Clarke turned around and looked up at his freckled, slightly scarred face. She loved his freckles, his curly hair, his earthy scent.

Clarke loved him.

He smiled down at her and cupped her marred cheek. Bellamy's eyes were alight with adoration and admiration. Without knowing it, he was giving Clarke the greatest gift in the world – his vulnerability.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" She asked quietly, placing a single hand over his heart.

"We do whatever the hell we want." Bellamy whispered and kissed her.