I Catch Flights Not Feelings

"Quinn just forget about it!" I said before Quinn even got the chance to speak, I knew exactly what he was going to say.

"Come on Lala! Just please give me your study notes! You're the top student." He whined,

"Ew, first of all; don't call me LaLa. Only my close friends and family call me that. Second, I'm the top student and with my notes I will remain the top student." I smirked

"See Kayla, I'll stop calling you Lala. You know why?" He whispered mischievously.

"Why?" I waited patiently for another clever remark from the annoying boy I could now call a friend.

"You say your close friends and family can call you LaLa? Well girl, I don't want to be your friend or your family.  Unless being your man counts as being in your family. "

"Oh my gosh!" I punched him on the side of his arm, "Ugh! That was good, I can't lie about that."

"I know, I know."

"See you at the pit?"

"Always. 5PM. Don't be late." He gave me a warm hug before running off.

"He's so cute!" Cassandra said as she walked up to me. "And he can dress." Cassandra drooled.

Quinn was wearing a white and maroon baseball tee shirt that hugged to his skin, revealing the structure of his tight six pack. He also wore black joggers and a nice pair of clean all white Roshes.

"You can go for him, but I got to tell you that he's got the hots for me. " I said jokingly.

"Don't all the guys?" Cassandra said annoyed.

"What's wrong with you." I stopped in my tracks and turned to my sad friend.

"I swear every guy I try to ask out is always like "Can you get me with your friend Kayla? Like wtf!" Cassandra whined.

"I'm sorry. It's The University of California, everybody here likes a girl with brains, beauty and a booty."I smiled and hugged Cassandra tightly. "And that's exactly what you are. Don't go for your usual type, try going for someone different,"

"So no more pretty boys?' Cassandra said sadly.

"No more." Cassandra looked at me like I had stole all her makeup, it was priceless.

"Now let's go visit the only one I really care about."

"Cody?"

"You're really trying me right now!" I playfully slapped Cassandra on the back.

-

"Hey Jake!" I ran into the arms of my boyfriend.

"Hello beautiful." His soft lips met mine as he wrapped his toned arms around my wide hips while his hands rested on my bum.

"How's life? I feel like I haven't seen you in such a long time?" I said as I fixed up his messy chestnut hair.

"Nothing has changed in the last 24 hours we've been apart," He laughed

"Sorry! I just missed you!"

"Surprisingly, I missed your crazy ass." He kissed me on my forehead before saying "Come over at 7?"

"Aww you love me." I jokingly taunted him as I attempted to wrap my arms around his broad waist. "I'll be there."

"Great! And I sure do." He kissed me softly. His tall muscular body wrapped my body in warmth as my body pressed against his and I inhaled his strong cologne.

Our sweet moment was ruined by a someones dreadful shriek.

"Hey Kayla! We need your help!" Charlotte exclaimed,