Chapter3: Apartment

HARRY POV

Instead of going back to work, Leona dragged me to her apartment. Which was only a five minute walk away from work. She said she knows how to find the person with those exact finger prints.

Leona opened her door and her apartment was amazing. Polished laminate floors, a kitchen in the other side of the apartment. A big white sofa in the middle with an old fashioned heater in the walls. A big plasma tv, and there was a wide marble step on the left side of the room leading to her bedroom and bathroom.

Leona saw me looking around,

"It's pretty nice place." I said.

Leona grinned,

"Took a lot of construction for my dream apartment."

We walked into the kitchen and I sat down on the dining chair. Putting all the files on the table.

"Another coffee?" Leona said, with her back towards me, putting the kettle on.

"I'm actually hungry."

"I'll order a pizza." Leona said, grabbing the leaflet and walking in the other room to call Dominos.

"Babe, order me a pepperoni with mushrooms!" I shouted.

Leona didn't mind me calling her babe, it's like she wasn't bothered at all. Other girls would scream if you don't call them politely by their names. I've kind of grown onto Leona in the last hour cause it seems like she knows exactly what to do with the case.

I sat in peace for five minutes while Leona spoke on the phone. She walked into the kitchen and sat on the chair before me.

"20 minutes." She said.

"Not too long 'ey. Anyway I was wondering what was there next to do as you were saying."

"I've done finger printing work before, no not like nursery work." She said, after she noticed my smirk.

"I mean like the police work. For these finger prints to be found, we need to go to the west side of Bristol. Preferably tomorrow. There's this place near my house that I used to go to a lot. It was a big police office. But only for finger prints and searching someone. I know someone there and I contacted them while we were walking here, I've asked them about the case and everything and she says we should go there and find the finger prints of at least one person."

"Were leaving London to go to Bristol tomorrow so wake up around 7. We will leave at half 8 in my car.

"Sounds good Harry."

"Of course it does, I'm always good at plans."

"Definetly babe!" Leona laughed.

We sat down talking for ages. Leona told me about her childhood in Bristol while I spoke about Holmes Chapel. We were so different but so alike as well.

The pizza came, I walked up towards the door and opened it, the lovely smell. I payed for the pizza, and closed the door.

"Leona it's here."

"I know, just one second Harry."

I sat down on the sofa with the pizza, I turned the telly on and the news was on.

"THERE HAS BEEN A MURDER IN MANCHESTER OF A 17 YEAR OLD GIRL. SHE WAS GANG RAPED THEN KILLED. THE GIRLS BODY WAS THROWN INTO DEEP VALLEY LAKE AND FINGER PRINTS ARE BEING TAKEN BY THE BODY. THE CORPSE HAD DRUGS ON HER.THE COLLECTIVE AND POLICE WILL BE WORKING ON THIS CASE."

Oh crap!! This isn't the Miguel's. This is the other gang striking again. It's definitely the other group. The Miguel Hassan's are being monitored in Russia. Watching for their next move. We need to find this gang quick.

Leona stood on the side of the kitchen door, I turned my head and saw her behind.

"That body is being taken to Bristol. We're taking the finger prints. Are you ready Harry." Leona spoke, she didn't want a yes or a no. She wanted a commitment which I was going to give.

"Fuck it, I'm ready."

Leona came and sat beside me, we ate our food while watching Grown Ups 2.

It was 11pm, I didn't notice how late it got after all the time i was spending on this case with Leona.

"I'm gonna go home." I said, grabbing my backpack.

"Where's your car?" Leona asked, washing the dishes.

"Urm, in the car park at work."

"Do you want me to drive tomorrow or are you fine with going to Bristol?"

"I've got your number so just text me the address tomorrow okay. I'll be outside at 8:30. Be ready, long day ahead."

"I agree." Leona dried her hands with the towel, and hugged me.

"Have a safe journey home and be early!" She said as I walked out.

"Don't you worry." I smiled.

|THE MANCHESTER NEWS STORY ISN'T REAL|.