INTRO

Chapter 1: intro

A Shadowhunters job is to protect the mundanes(humans) from downworlders and demons. They are known as the children of the Nephilim to the downworlders,one being the high warlock of Brooklyn, Magnus Bane. They are a secretive race who are born with angelic blood,or drink from the Mortal Cup. The first Shadowhunter was Jonathan Shadowhunter, he was one of the first few to drink from the Mortal cup.

Story of the birth:

A few Mundanes came upon a way to summon Angels. The Angel that they summoned was 60 ft high and rose out of lake Lynn bearing a Cup and a sword. he went by the name of Raziel. He spoke to them of what they shall do,and they agreed, so in returned he bestowed upon them the Mortal Cup and Sword. He said that the Sword will make any Shadowhunter tell the truth. He then spilled his blood into the cup and the mundanes drank it,and became shadowhunters.

The Mortal Cup:

The Mortal cup is a strong and powerful item,it can turn any mundane into a shadowhunter, even though only about 20% of the drinkers will survive. If they survive their children and grandchildren and so on will all be shadowhunters. The mortal cup is made out of gold.

The Mortal Mirror:

The Mortal Mirror is also known as Lake lynn,because of the reflection it makes. It is said that if a shadowhunter falls in and swallows some of the water, he or she will become very ill and die. The Angel Raziel rose from lake lynn, when he gave shadowhunters the mortal cup.

The Mortal sword:

The sword was given to Jonathan Shadowhunter by the great Angel himself. The sword will make any shadowhunter have to answer every question truthfully. The sword hangs in the Silent city, it is watched over by the Silent Brothers. When a shadowhunter goes on trial, the inquisitor will hold the sword and question the shadowhunter.