Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Two months later:

I walk out of the bathroom stall at work walking over to the sink. Kristi lied and I'm going to hold that against her. She said the morning sickness would end after the third month of pregnancy but I learned that isn't true. I'm already four months pregnant and the morning sickness hasn't resided. I know all pregnancies aren't alike and everyone experiences each one differently but why can't I just have an easy pregnancy? All I'm asking for is to not get sick when I eat or when I smell certain food where ever I go. Is that asking too much?

I can't even handle the smell of coffee lately. Just the smell of it brewing from the coffee pot makes me sick or the smell from the coffee can. I don't know how that's possible since I actually love coffee but I haven't drunk any in months. Since we started trying and I found out I was pregnant I cut out caffeine and all the other food I should avoid. Which believe me hasn't been easy when I'm used to waking up and drinking a cup or two of coffee in the morning to wake up.

Not only do I have to smell coffee at home when Kristi makes it but also at work. Getting sick at home isn't such a big deal since I can just tell Kristi or take a walk outside but at work I can't just leave. I'm glad it isn't as bad as it was a month ago and I can now hold down food more than before.  I don’t like getting sick at work and having people ask me what's wrong. I rather people at work not know and not have people get into my personal life.

I've been working at the inn as the bartender and banquet manager for three years and have managed to keep my life to myself and that's how I like it. I love my job and I don't need to complicate it right now. I actually enjoy setting up banquets and working as the bartender sometimes. My job is easy and I get paid well. All I have to do is work the front desk and schedule banquets. The thing I don't like is picking up hours as the bartender when I'm not even supposed to work because someone decided to not show up.

I walk out of the bathroom to the front desk to check out seeing Logan who decided to show up on time. "So Loren are you going home already?" Logan asks as I swipe my time card.

"Yeah, why do you need something? Do you need something?" I ask looking over at him as he stands next to me.

"No, I just thought you might want to have a drink like we used to after work?" he says fidgeting with his clip on tie. "Maybe hang out for a little bit before my shift starts? Come on I thought we were friends?" he says waiting for an answer.

"Yeah I can for bit but then I have to really get going." I reply following him to the bar booth to sit down.

I've known Logan for the whole three years that I have worked at the inn. Out of all my other coworkers Logan is or was the only person I talked to as a friend. He's a year younger than me with dark brown hair and hazel eyes. He's about the same height as me making him about five ten maybe a little taller admit when I first started working here I thought he was good looking but I'm with Kristi. I would never cheat on her or think about it even when he was trying to flirt with me. I told him I wasn't interested in him like and just wanted to be friends. He finally understood and we stayed friends and he stopped flirting. I talked to him about a lot of things during our short friendship but I haven't told him anything in a long time. Logan and I haven't been close since what he did.

At one time I trusted him but not anymore. He knows about Kristi and I being transgender. He didn't judge us but for me to tell him about the pregnancy, that's something I rather keep between Kristi and me. He's not a close friend that or someone I feel needs to know. Besides the fact that we aren't friends anymore I'm only four months pregnant I don't want to jinx it.

I sit down and look at him wondering why now he wants to talk and hang out. This past year I haven't talked to him more than I had to. So Logan just coming up and wanting to hang out seems weird.