Chapter Four

Chapter Four

We finally get home five minutes before eight at night. We would of been home sooner but we stopped on the way to the mall and then to eat. Everything that was bothering me before has disappeared and I'm not worry about Kristi talking to Logan. Like she said she only did it once and she promises to never do it again. And by the look on Kristi's face since we left the doctor's appointment I don't think she would be thinking about doing anything like she did two years ago. Kristi hasn't been able to stop talking about the baby and the future we have together. She has probably looked at the ultrasound picture more than both of us. I don't see why Kristi would possibly want to mess up what we have now. I was just overreacting I have nothing to worry about.

I walk into the house behind Kristi looking at the picture of our baby. I pull out my phone and take a picture to send to Lexy so she can see her niece or nephew. "Sending a picture to Lexy?" Kristi asks just as I hit send.

"Yeah I promised her I would as soon as we got it." I reply walking into the bedroom.

My phone vibrates a minute later with a text message from Lexy. Telling me she is happy for the both of us and she's excited to be an aunt. I know Lexy isn't family but she is more like family than my parents and only sibling. Lexy has always been there for me while my parents could care less.

I haven't talked to my parents or brother in almost twelve years now. I'm not mad anymore at what happened when I was fourteen but I'm not going to forget. The thought crossed my mind if I should call my mom and tell her she has a grandchild on the way but I don't think I will. I'm not going to call or stop by and act like nothing happened back then when it did. They told me very clearly they didn't want me home if I wasn't going to be their daughter so I had to leave.

"Hey Loren are you there?" Kristi asks waving her hand in front of me.

"Sorry I was just thinking about something. Were you saying something?"

"Yeah I was trying to tell you my mom called earlier when you were at work. She said she would be coming over this weekend. Is that okay?" she says making me envy that fact that she has family that accepts her while I don't.

"Yeah that's fine. How is she?" I reply.

"Umm fine I guess. I didn't really talk to her long," Kristi answers less than thrilled that her mom is coming over.

"What's wrong are you not getting along? Are you scared about telling her?" I ask watching as Kristi avoids making eye contact with me.

"No, it's nothing. Let's just lie down in the bed and watch something on TV." Kristi says walking over to the bed looking back at me.

I give her a smile and slide my shoes off kicking them to the wall before I climb into bed with her. I decide to let it drop it's none of my business why Kristi and her mom aren't getting along. They have a complicated relationship I will never understand. One day they are closer than they can be and the next they don't talk for months. I have never had a problem with Kristi's mom Helen but that's just me. I don't know what they talk about on the phone when they talk when I'm not around. That is between the both of them not me.

Kristi pulls the blanket over us as she turns the TV on and rests her head on my chest. Just then a thought goes through my mind something I didn't realize until now. When I was twenty I got my breasts removed which means I won't be able to breast feed. Part of me is glad so I don't have to worry about that since I always hated them to begin with but a small part is sad. Wishing I didn't have them removed so I could breast feed our first child.

"What are you thinking about?" Kristi asks looking up at me.

"Nothing important," I say making Kristi laugh.