Chapter 10

A/N: Sorry guys, but brief announcement! I want to dedicate this chapter to northernlion196 for the first comment on the story! I've almost reached 100 reads. It was not was I hoping for at this point but I'm happy with what I received! Thank you and enjoy the chapter!

We made it to an elevator. Chewie was handcuffed and was held by Han, with Luke and me walking in front leading them. I had to catch Luke twice because he was tripping over his own feet.

"I can't see anything with this helmet," Luke muttered. The elevator's doors opened and we hurried inside. Another office tried to make it in but Han pushed him off. Han pushed a button on the panel and the elevator pushed us up and through the tube.

The elevator doors open and we stepped out. There were guard crawling everywhere. "This isn't going to work," I whispered. I really regret my choice on backing Luke up on this one.

"Didn't I just say that?" Han whispered back. The elevator doors open again behind us. A pale, thin officer appeared.

"Where are you taking this... thing?" He asked a smug look crossed his face. Chewie let out a quiet growl.

"Prisoner transfer from Block one-one-three-eight." Luke replied, fear was edging into his voice. The officer didn't notice, fortunately.

"I wasn't notified. I'll have to clear it." He took a pad out of his pocket and punched a few buttons. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Han taking off one of Chewie's handcuffs. He winked at me. I nodded, trying to ignore his behavior. Chewie suddenly let loose a ear-piecing howl. The stormtrooper's mask muted it a little bit though. But it was still painful to listen too.

"Look out! He's loose!" Han said, pretending to be fake surprised.

"He's going to pull us all apart!" Luke yelled.

"Go get him!" I yelled out. Luke, Han, and I pulled out our blasters and started firing at the Wookie, we missed of course, but we would've look like any other stormtrooper. But one every so shot, we knocked out guards, cameras, and laser gates. Han moved closer to me.

"We've got to find out which cell this princess of yours is in," He said to me. He looked at a computer. "Here it is... cell twenty-one-eight-seven. You go get her. I'll hold them here."

I nodded. "Luke!" I called. "Come on!" He followed me down to Princess Leia's cell.

"Hurry up! We're gonna have company soon!" I found the cell and blasted the lock. The door slid to the side to reveal a woman in white clothing sleeping on a built-in bench. Luke was standing in the doorway, frozen. She woke up and stared at Luke. She smirk.

"Aren't you a little short to be a stormtrooper?" she asked. Luke's mouth was hanging open, I'll admit she was pretty, but not drop-dead gorgeous. (No offense Carrie Fisher!)

I pushed back Luke and took off my helmet. "I'm Nicole Reed and this is Luke Skywalker. We're here to rescue you." I said while running my fingers through my hair.

You're who?" The princess asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Do you want the emperor to escort you out of your cell, princess? We're here to rescue you. We've got your R2 unit. Ben Kenobi is here also." I snorted. This princess was starting to tick me off.

"Ben Kenobi is here?" Leia perked up. "Where is he?"

"Come on!" Luke finally said, snapping out of the beauty trance. Luke led Leia out into the hallway, leaving me alone in the cell for a couple seconds.

"Really?" I said more to myself. I marched out of the cell and found Luke and Leia paused at the corner with Han and Chewie.

"Hey, Nicole nice of you to meet us." Han said, a smirk plastered onto his face. "That hallway is full of troopers, we can't go that way."

"Looks like you managed to cut off our only escape route." Leia said, with a little smart-ass in her tone.

By the look on Han's face meant he was having enough too. "Maybe you would like it back in your cell, your highness." He said sarcastically. I mentally high five him.

Luke was oblivious to the situation, like most of the time. "C-3PO!"

"Yes, sir?" We heard 3PO's voice over the comlink system.

"We've been cut off! Are they any other ways out of the cell bay? What was that? I didn't copy." That doesn't seem to be helping.

I unattached my blaster from my belt and leaned around the corner. I aimed at the target and fires. He fell to the ground. He was dead. I felt it, somehow, the life just slip through his fingers. I shuddered.

Another trooper came and took his place. I didn't react in time to hide. For the first time ever, the blaster beam hit me. I had to double check to make sure it was a stormtrooper.

Smoke was coming off of my left sleeve. My bicep burned like hell. I slid down to the floor my hand held over the wound. Leia noticed me first.

"Hey is that girl okay?"

Yeah thanks Leia. First of all, I just told my name like two minutes ago. Second of all, I'm just sitting here bleeding out, don't try to rush over here and help me stop the bleeding.

Luke turned and saw me. "Nicole! What happen?"

I stared at him. "I cut myself on the rocket ship I was building..."I said sarcastically. I threw my hands up in the air, which cause me bicep to roar in pain. I gasped. "I got shot Luke!"

"Umm... Here," Luke took off a plate of armor and ripped the cloth underneath it.

There was a hole in my armor too deep to reach the wound, so Luke helped me slip off the hard sheet of armor. "This might burn okay? I'm sorry in advance." I smiled weakly at his apology.

"It's okay." I placed my good hand on his leg. I could tell by Luke's face that he pretended not to notice. I smiled.

"Hurry it up guys, we'll have to move out." Han shouted over the blasting beams.

Luke wrapped my bicep in the cloth and tied the stray ends in a knot. Blood was already starting to seep through and I felt myself getting light headed.

Luke helped me up using my good hand. "We're ready Han, Leia hurry up," Luke met my eyes. "Are you ready?" His arm was wrapped around my waist.

"Hell ya!" I said, though my arm burned like hell.

A/N: Yay! Chapter ten is here! I might have time to update at least once more this week, because school is starting back up. We are about halfway through the book which is keeping my plans about the book being 20 chapters long a good shot. I am literally so tired. I am updating at 1:21 am. But whats going on with Nicole and Leia?? Someone's jealous!!! Sometimes I dont know what Im typing half the time. I trust my fingers...

Vote, Comment, and Follow me!

Luv u!

~Emma