q u a t r e

This swimming pool is huge! It is way bigger than the pool at my house, but I've never seen or been to a public swimming pool so I can't really judge the size...

Anyways, no one is in the pool area so that means we're not going to get caught right? I'm kind of scared since I've never done anything like this before. Oh shit! How am I supposed to jump in? I am wearing a freaking wig! 

"Are you ready... um... I don't know your name..." Brantley said while his hand go to the back of his neck. 

"Hahahaha! I forgot you don't know what my name is! Hahaha!" I said while laughing like a maniac. It's not even funny, I don't know why I'm laughing.

"Stop laughing! Or else you're going to regret it" he threatened. "You should also tell me your name."

"You're going to have to guess!" I said in between my laughter.

Out of nowhere, I am a few feet off the ground and in a blink of an eye I am completely wet. Good thing my hat is still on, covering my wig.

"What the hell!" I yell at Brantley.

"You didn't stop laughing so I threw you into the pool. You were going to jump in sooner or later, so why not sooner?" He said smugly. 

I quickly swam to the edge of the pool and got out. I went extremely close to him and wrapped both arms around his neck and I can feel him take in a sharp breath.

"My name is..." I whispered. My lips lightly touching his ear. Before he can react, I lean back and we both fall into the pool. It caught him by surprise as he grabbed onto me like I'm a barrier that's stuck in the ground.

"What the f*ck!" Brantley said. His eyes zeroing into my face.

"Hahaha! Karma's a bitch! Haha" I said while swimming to the edge. 

"Who's in here?" A loud male voice suddenly asked.

Brantley and I quickly looked at each other with eyes wider than golf balls. The voice came from the far corner of the pool area, so whoever it is might not see us yet. We both know that we would be in big trouble if we were caught. School hasn't even started yet so we definitely do not need to get in trouble. Brantley grabbed my hand and we got out of the pool a quickly as we can and we made a run for it.

"Hey! Who are you? Stop!" Said the male voice. 

"C'mon, lets run." Brantley said while sprinting with me right on his tail. I turned my head, but my hair is in the way so I can only see a figure running after us.

"Brantley, the man is chasing us. Where are we going?" I asked in panic.

"We're almost there Blue, but first we have to lose him."

Blue? What? I'll ask him later.

We ran towards the dorms, but we were weaving through the trees and bushes, trying to lose the man. Brantley brought us to the back of the boys' dorm and we got in through the back door. 

"Let go to my dorm. He'll never find us there." We went to the stairs, just in case the person was still chasing us. We ran to the very top, where all the expensive dorms are. Just like me, Brantley had a "luxury" dorm. 

"Phew! That was close!" I said once we got inside.

"Yea, Mrs. Sarah told me that the man is the pool operator or supervisor person. He's very strict and he apparently got two students expelled because they were a little too crazy." Brantley said while throwing me a towel and I caught it with one hand.

"Thanks! Just curious, why did you call me Blue when we were running away from the pool supervisor person?" I asked while attempting to dry myself, but I can't really do that since I have all my clothes on.

"Because you wouldn't tell me your name so I decided to call you Blue since your eyes are... so blue" Brantley said nonchalantly.

"Yeah, don't call me that... My name is Amelia." I said with a blank expression on my face. "I'm going to go back to my dorm to change." 

"That wouldn't be a good idea Amelia." Brantley emphasised my name with a smile on his face.

"And why is that?" I asked in a challenging tone.

"Because the old man is standing outside the building and girls are not supposed to be in the guys' dorm and vice versa, so if he sees you leaving, you're going to get in BIG trouble."

"Why didn't you tell me earlier? I wouldn't have followed you if you told me" I said while exhaling my frustration.

Brantley just shrugged his shoulders in response as he walked over to the balcony doors. I pulled out my wet phone iPhone to see if its okay. Thank god my phone still works! I'm glad Apple made iPhone 6s more waterproof. Brantley waved his hands in front of my face.

"Is anyone home?" Brantley asked with an amused look on his face.

"Get your hands away from my face." I said while slapping it away, clearly irritated.

"I think he left." he said while going back to the balcony.

I don't really trust him, since he seems like the guy that would trick me and get me in trouble, so I went to the balcony to check for myself. Right when I was about to take a peek, the man came around the corner. I quickly stumbled back.

"He's still here." I said while Brantley grabbed himself a water bottle and downed it quickly.

I went back to the balcony doors and look at the balcony across from his. It look like mine. Maybe I can jump over and "break in" and got back to my dorm. When I looked closely at the furniture inside, I realized that it's MY balcony. I can just climb over, return to my dorm and not get caught!

 "Hey, I know how to get out of here! But you need to help me though" I said to Brantley.

"How are you going to do that?" 

"I'm going to climb to the balcony that is across from your." 

"That's dumb, you're going to fall." He said looking at me like I'm dumb. "plus, how are you going to get in someone's dorm without getting in trouble?"

"First, it's a rather small gap separating the balconies and secondly, that is my dorm and I never locked my balcony door." I said while holding up my fingers like I'm counting. "Okay, enough chit chat, the pool dude just went around the corner. Come hold me while I leap across."

"Alright, but if you die, I'm not responsible for it."Brantley said with his hands up.

I put one foot up on the railing and Brantley held me up as I put my other foot on it. Once I steadied myself, I quickly leaped over to my balcony, almost falling while doing so. I luckily didn't hurt myself, but I can hear a certain someone behind me laughing his butt off.

"Stop laughing! Thanks for the help though." right when I said that, we both heard footsteps approaching so we literally dived into our dorm to hide. I looked at Brantley though the glass and gave him a wave before going to my room to get out of my wet clothes.

A/N: Don't hesitate to tell me if there are any mistakes! Thanks :)