u n

It's August, three more weeks of duties before my parents let me move to America for school, one more month until I am free, one more month until I have to be in disguise. To be honest with you, I am a little scared. This is going to be my first time being on my own without any bodyguards around me, but the good thing is that no one knows what I look like because my parents have been hiding my siblings and I from the public. People don't even know what Matti looks like. The only person that he interacted with in New York without a disguise is Bella, his girlfriend.

~~~

Knock Knock Knock

"Good morning Amelia, I have brought up your breakfast. Enjoy!" Mary, my maid said while pushing a cart with my breakfast into my room. Mary is like a motherly figure to me. My mom loves me, but she isn't always here because of her duties as queen. So Mary is my go to person to talk to if I ever have to talk to someone.

"Good morning Mary and thank you!"

"You're welcome! Your mother and father wants to see you in the family room at 10 o'clock! Be quick." Mary said before leaving.

My alarm clock shows that it is 9:00 am. So I have an hour to eat my breakfast and get ready. First, I jumped into the shower to get cleaned then, I brushed my teeth. Afterwards, I picked out a simple outfit from my walk-in closet. I chose a graphic muscle tee and wore it with some blue skinny jeans and paired that with my white converse. I left my face and hair alone and finally, I ate my breakfast. You probably think that I am crazy because of the outfit that I am wearing to see my parents, but they are actually really cool people and they want me to dress like a normal teenager. Of course there are times where I have a dress code, like when we have relatives or close family friends over. 

I walked down the grand staircase and went straight to the family room

I walked down the grand staircase and went straight to the family room. I found my whole family sitting there, including my siblings.

"Good morning everyone! Mom, dad, is everything alright?" I asked.

"Good morning sweetie! Everything is alright, we just wanted to talk to you about going to high school." My mom said with a smile.

"Genie, have you thought about your disguise yet?" Asked Matti.

"I've always wanted to be a tough looking kid with dark red hair and dark makeup."

"That's pretty cool, but make sure you stay out of trouble honey." My dad said approvingly.

"Yea, your stubborn personality fits perfectly with your disguise." said Matti. 

Matti received a glare from me as a response.

We discussed about where I am going to be staying and more stuff about being alone and self defence and stuff like that. My dad wants me to spend my last few weeks being at home learning self defence which sucks because I already know self defence and I can handle a pistol as well. We also talked about getting me a bodyguard. Hell no! I do not need a bodyguard following me 24/7. 

This is going to be a long and boring three weeks, but I can't wait until I get out of here and live like a normal teenager without bodyguards and maids being around me all the time.