chapter 4

My nap didn't last long though. A soft knock on the door awakening me. Liz forgotten her key again?' I asked myself. "A minute." I replied, softly, knowing that if I jumped up, the door wouldn't be open anytime soon, but I would be taking a run for the toilet instead.

I had been sleeping for once, I hadn't had much of those moments in the last week. I sat up slowly, my hand placed above my stomach, pushing myself off the bed with my other I got up.

Quickly grabbing one of the chair as a dizzy spell hit me, 'that's what you get when you can't keep anything down.' I thought to myself, in the last week, I had fainted at least four times, probably another nice symptom of pregnancy.

Walking to the door, I turned the key and pushed the lever down, before pulling the door towards me, but the person standing on the other side of the threshold, I hadn't expected in the least.

I felt my eyes bulging, my eyebrows probably somewhere past my hairline. "Glen?" I asked, surprised to see him here, after calling his voicemail yesterday, I realised I had made a big mistake, I mean how pathetic had I been to just break down like that and throw it all out on his voicemail.

"Can I come in?" he asked, trying to glimpse inside. The nausea who had been bearable, for now, came back and hit me in the gut, just from seeing him standing in front of me. Instead of saying anything at all, I just turned around threw the bathroom door opened and kneeled in front of the toilet, my new best friend, apparently.

When is this going to stop. I thought to myself when I fell a tear roll down my cheek, my stomach sore from all the exaggerating, I had been doing with throwing up. I felt a pair of hands threading through my hair and pulling it from my face. I ended dry heaving.

"I'm okay." I whispered, my mouth dry and having a horrible taste, I was slowly getting used to it by now. Dropping to the floor I rested against the cool tiles of the wall and floor, dropping my head against my knees.

In the corner of my eye I saw a pair of shoes, belonging to Glen, the shoes were to big to be of Izzy's and he'd been standing at my door after all. Closing my eyes quickly as I saw him crouching down, his warm hand on my shoulder.

"better?" he asked in a caring tone, why did he have to care. Its not like I asked him to come here, I'd told him I didn't expect anything from him, but yet here he is. I thought.

"For now." I mumbled, having learned that feeling better, usually didn't last for long. "here." He said after I heard the tap running. Opening my eyes, I turned to him and accepted the glass of water. I could hear my stomach protesting as the water ran into my body, so I stopped drinking before I even had to embarrass myself even further in front of him.

Placing the glass next to my body I tried to push myself off the ground, most of the time I just stayed where I was sitting now, the cool tiles giving me some comfort, but I just wanted to get up, get Glen out of here and sleep.

Maybe sleep and never wake up, that would even be better, but I knew that wouldn't happen anytime.

His hand took a hold of my elbow and helped me up, when I started struggling to get up, what I hadn't counted on was getting another dizzy spell. Thankful that Glen's reflexes were quicker then mine at the moment as he grabbed me, so I hadn't dropped to the ground. We hadn't said more then three sentences to each other.

The atmosphere tense and uncomfortable as he kept a hold of me as I walked back to the room. Even when I tried to subtle move away his hand, he just kept his grasp of my elbow, either he didn't notice or simply didn't care.