Chapter 5 (Hiking)

Rain's pov
"Rain..wake up." I heard James said. I sat up rubbing my eyes. "Yeah? What's up?" I asked "We have to go on a hike." He said "A hike? And where?" I asked getting up. "To a friend of mine, it only take like 4 hours to get there." He said I looked at him. "4 hours??" I said "That's a long hike." I said going into the bathroom. "Yeah there's toothbrushes under the sink." He said I opened the cabinets and saw packages of toothbrushes. I grabbed one and the toothpaste, I started brushing my teeth. I washed my face and stuff than got ready. "Wait." I said as I turned around and James was talking off his shirt. "Yeah?" He said turning toward me. I stared at his body, if I could just- "Hello! Rain!" James said snapping me out of my thoughts. "Uh..right I don't have anything to wear." I said looking up at him. "You can wear some of my sisters stuff." He said I nodded. "If she has a room..ill go get it." I said "It's the room at the end of the hall." He said I nodded quickly. I left and walked to the end of the hallway, I opened the door and saw a mint colored room. I stepped inside and looked around, I saw pictures on the dresser. I walked over and looked at them. I saw a picture of James and his sister. I picked it up and wiped away the dust. "She's so pretty." I said "She never thought she was." James said startling me. "Sorry I just saw the pictures and thought...Sorry." I said setting it down. "It's fine..no reason to apologize." He said walking over to the dresser and bent down going in the draws. He opened the draw and pulled out some warm clothes. "Here." He said handing them to me. "Thanks." I said he nodded and left me alone in the room. "Well..just leave me here by myself." I said pulling off my shirt and change into the long sleeved fitting one. I changed into the clothes. They fit perfectly, I grabbed some shoes. They fit too! His sister would have a lot of clothing missing if we were friends.

"Hey are you-" I heard James asked I turned around looking at him

"Hey are you-" I heard James asked I turned around looking at him. He looked me up and down smiling softly. "So..beautiful." He said I blushed looking down. "Thank your sister, it's her clothes. This isn't anything special, maybe you should save the comment for when you see me in a dress." I said walking over to him. He smiled more "Nah you'll always look beautiful to me." He said I hide my face and smiled brightly. "Whatever.." I said turning on my heel and walking away. "I'm serious." He said walking next to me. "Let's go." He added walking out the front door. I followed closing the door behind me. We walked into the forest chatting. "Will it get cold?" I asked "Yeah really cold below 25 degrees." He said my eyes widened. "How will I survive through that? I'm going to freeze and die." I said walking up the steep hill. "You have me, you won't freeze and die." He said grabbing my hand pulling me up the hill. After a while of walking we had to jump over a gap In some rocks. James jumped and I took a picture of him.

I put my away and walked over to the one rock

I put my away and walked over to the one rock. "James..what if I don't make it?" I asked getting scared. "You will, just run and jump I'll do the rest." He said holding his arms out. I backed up than ran and jumped, he grabbed my waist. He lost his balance and we fell back into the rock. I started laughing "I almost died!" I said James laughed too. "We both almost did." He said getting up, he pulled me to my feet. "We're going to be late if we don't leave now." He said walking along the rocks. "Late for what?" I asked as he climbed up the rocks to the woods. I gripped the rocks as I climbed, James held his hand out. I reached for it, I slipped and started to fall, I screamed but I never hit the ground. I look and see jame holding tightly into the scarf, I was wearing. He grabbed my hand and lifted me up into the flat surface. "Remind me to carry you on the way back." He said I huffed. "That time I was going to die." I said pointing back at the rocks. "But you didn't, that's all that matters." He said wrapping his arms around my shoulders. The hike was actually really fun I almost died a couple of times but still, it was fun. It got cold really fast and than it started snowing. Like snowing really hard, I started shivering after a while of walking. "J-J-Jam-e-s" I shivered my teeth chattered. He stopped and looked back at me, he walked over to me quickly. He rested his hands on my face, he was so warm. "I have to get you there fast. Your going to get hyperthermia." He said he scooped me into his arms bridal style and started walking. I buried my face in his neck, shivering. Every step he took, the colder I got. "Hang in there." He said I nodded trying to stay awake, didn't work. *****
"Sam! I need you!" I heard James yell my eyes snap open and I see James is carrying me into some cabin. I heard footsteps and a girl came into view. "Oh my, get her in front of the fire place I'll get her some blankets. Blake!! Get the guest room ready!" I'm guessing Sam said I was sat down and James took off my jacket and shoes. I instantly wrap my arms around him and snuggle into his chest. He was like so freaking warm. "So..warm." I whisper he wrapped his arms around me. A blanket was wrapped around me and my shiver soon ceased and sleep consumed me again.