Chapter 22

I had spent the whole of Saturday and half of Sunday being cooped up in my room and freaking out over that kiss. I had conjured up different theories, scenarios that could've led to the happening of that event, although nothing brought me the satisfaction of figuring this out. Admittedly, I was generally bad at figuring things out, but this one took the cake.

In Taylor Swift's word, "I thought I had you figured out, something's gone terribly wrong." Though of course, my situation wasn't as adverse as hers.

If this was a movie, Jace would have been depicted as the cutest guy this world has ever seen who came out tearing open a thick cover of fog in the deep woods where even sunlight only shined for him.

I hit my head on the wall. God, I was either going insane or was already insane.

My room was the messiest in my entire life right now than it had ever been before; that had to be a sign of my deteriorating mental state. A pile of books lay on my desk and looking at it, I suddenly remembered that I had homework to do still.

I was in the middle of scolding myself for forgetting to do homework when Savannah called me. I had also sort of avoided her because she had been the one to witness the incident.

"Hello?" I answered hesitantly.

"Finally!" She exclaimed. "Why didn't you ever call me back after you left?"

"Uh, my phone died?"

I could feel her rolling her eyes at me. "I know all these excuses and I know what is going on with you right now."

"Sav," I groaned, rolling on my bed. "Why did he kiss me?"

"What? Are you saying he just kissed you right away?"

I sat up abruptly and exclaimed, "Yes! I don't know why he did that! Was this like a common occurrence for him?"

"I don't think so. Hey, I think he definitely has some feelings for you."

I bit my lip. "What, no." I had tried to laugh her off.

*   *   *

"That's it. You need an intervention." Savannah slapped her hand down on the console of my car making me jump in my seat.

I looked at her in surprise. "Why? What happened?"

"It's been days and you haven't talked to Jace once." She complained.

"What are you talking about? I said hi to him this morning."

She raised her brows. "Yeah and then you ran out of there like your ass was on fire."

"I didn't run away." I muttered under my breath.

"This isn't the way, Alyssa! You two need to talk." She slapped my arm.

I rubbed my hand over that spot absent mindedly. "Well, we can't. You know I like him... and well, he couldn't possibly like me back. I'm sure it was just getting carried away thingy."

Savannah turned in her seat fully to face me. "Hey, you don't know that. Just talk to him once. What if you'd misunderstood him?"

I contemplated her advice. Maybe she was right. Besides, it wouldn't hurt to talk. Okay, maybe it would hurt a little bit when Jace rejects me, but still I should talk to him.

"Okay," I promised her, "I will talk to him tomorrow."

I dropped her home, all the while thinking about how exactly I was going to talk to him without passing out. I was pretty damn sure my crush on him had grown even more after that kiss. Maybe I should avoid him till he forgot that this thing ever happened.