Chapter 24

I opened the front door of my house at ten in the morning.

"Hi!"

"Hi!" Jace grinned back at me.

We stared at each with lovesick grins on our faces for a long one minute.

"Ugh, you both are so cringe worthy."

The grouchy voice of my elder sister jolted us from our moment. I cleared my throat, stepping aside to let him come in. Mom peeked at us from her position on the sofa and wiggled her eyebrows at me. Right, I forgot where I got my weirdness from.

"Mom, we're going upstairs to grab my jacket."

She gave me side glance. "Do you need two people to grab it?"

"Mom!" I groaned.

"Okay, okay. Just don't forget to keep the door opened."

With Jace' hand in mine, we bounded up the stairs to my room. Suddenly, I realized that this was the first time he had been in my room. The realization made me nervous. This was like sharing another part of me with him; it made me giddy.

Letting go of my hand, Jace sat leisurely on my bed and began inspecting my room with curious eyes. I went over to my closet to take out a jacket. The weather was slightly chilly and I would hate to catch a cold when exams were just around the corner.

I looked down at my outfit which consisted of a pair of dark blue jeans and a strawberry print tee shirt. My black jacket it was then. Pulling out the jacket, I shoved my arms into the sleeves as quickly as I could. Jace then came up behind me and pulled the hood over my head playfully as his arms wrapped around my waist.

"You're such a bad girlfriend, you haven't even offered me a kiss as of yet."

I giggled. "Well, I figured I shouldn't offer generously."

He grabbed my hand and spun me around to face him. He wore a teasing smile on his face, his arms keeping me tightly bound inside them.

"Is that so?"

He bent down to kiss me; his lips pressed against mine in a sweet reminder of our feelings for each other. We kissed for what seemed like an eternity before parting, our foreheads and noses caressing the other's. My arms had sneakily gotten themselves wound around his neck.

"Oh, my God, the PDA is too much." Aimee exclaimed from the doorway of my room.

I turned my head to glare at her. "There isn't any public here."

"Okay, smartass." Then she proceeded to yell, "Mom, Lyss is making out with her boyfriend in her room." And she ran away before I could attack her.

"Let's go before Mom decides to check up on us." I said to Jace.

Thankfully, when we got downstairs, my mother did not say anything to us, but instead just wiggled her eyebrows again and wagged her finger at me. I ignored her weird antics and went on to slip on my boots.

"Hey, cute boy," Aimee came towards us where Jace was acting as my support stand while I hopped on one leg to wear the boot.

"I just made this unique smoothie and I want you to taste it and give your opinions on it." She said, thrusting a glass of blue liquid towards Jace. What on earth was that?

I stepped in front of Jace and waved her off. "Yeah, no. We don't want anyone to die on our hands. Please keep your experiments to yourself, sister."

Before Aimee could retort anything, I pulled Jace outside the door and closed it on her face. Okay, I knew what I did was only to save my first boyfriend from an untimely death, but I just knew that I was going to be in trouble when I get back. Oh, well.