Don't leave

She called his name as she walked out of the bathroom, pulling on her dress.

"Yeah?" his voice came from the balcony.

The light curtains blew in the mild wind as she stepped outside. "How do I look?" she asked just as he turned around. His eyes widened when they finally landed on her. She slowly spun around, so he could see the whole look. She bit her bottom lip as she waited for his response, watching his gaze scan over her body. A light blush burned the surface of her skin.

"Um," he cleared his throat and took one step to the side, "You look absolutely beautiful. Your date will love you." His warm smile was a bit off as he ran his fingers through his charcoal hair, but she brushed it off and took comfort in his words.

Her eyes connected with his. "Do you still think I should go?" Some small part of her had hoped he would say no, and she would stay. At one simple word she would stay. For him. She would do anything for him.

"Yeah..." she could tell he was having trouble choosing his next words, "Go have fun."

He turned his back to her as she frowned. She walked back into the room, grabbed her purse, and reached for the door. She took one step into the hallway only to be pulled back inside almost immediately. She was spun around and a pair of lips crashed into hers. The sudden action caught her off guard, but within seconds her eyes fluttered closed and she was kissing him back.

"No, don't leave," he whispered, pulling his lips away from hers.