1: Welcome to my Hellhole

I'VE MOVED THIS STORY TO MY MAIN PROFILE. @SamanthaSaurusRex 

I WILL ONLY CONTINUE POSTING UPDATES TO THAT PROFILE, BUT WILL STILL LEAVE CHAPTERS 1-7 HERE, AS WELL AS HAVE THEM THERE. THANKS!

Enjoy the story!

-Samantha

ONE: WELCOME TO MY HELLHOLE

I woke up with a hopeful smile on my face. Maybe all the harassing, bullying and abuse would stop today - maybe it was all a dream.

Or maybe, just maybe, they'd change their ways and I'd forgive them.

It was my fourteenth birthday. I smiled at my calendar where I'd circled it so many times enthusiastically. I dressed in my favorite skinny jeans and threw on a pretty black turtleneck, tied my hair up high, and applied some light makeup.

I was ready. I counted to three - one, two, three. I closed my eyes whilst counting, and when I opened them, I was excited.

My fourteenth birthday! I had yet to shift, since most wolves didn't until their sixteenth birthday. The process was so painful, or so I'd heard; bones cracked, deformed, lengthened and shortened.

I walked down the stairs slowly, biting my bottom lip. Maybe there would be a surprise party?

I smiled in anticipation. Maybe today would be the day everything changed?

Nobody was up yet, though. I walked into the kitchen and met David's twin, Ryan's girlfriend, Lexy.

Everyone called her a goddess, though.

And it really wasn't hard to see why.

Her flowing cascade of honey-blonde hair shimmered down her back. Her turquoise eyes were really something else - and her skin tone was flawless; tanned, but not overly so.

Too bad her personality was the opposite of her appearance - ugly.

She raised an eyebrow and then started giggling. "Oh, God," she sputtered. When she stopped laughing, she gave me a once-over. "Trying to impress someone, Lilah?" She spit out my name like it was poisonous. She hadn't always been like this, only for the last five or six years. Lexy and I used to be best friends before her dad left her mom, her mom died, and my parents left my brother and I. Somewhere in the middle of all that, my Omega powers had showed up and everyone had started to hate me for whatever reason.

"N-no ..." I said meekly.

"I think you are," Lexy said. "Trying to impress my boyfriend? Everyone knows you like Ryan. It's just ... sweetie, he doesn't like you!" she cackled and I bit back tears.

Surprise party? Not a chance.

That I'd imagined Lexy's meanness? No way. I don't know why she was such a bitch, but something had happened around the time my parents had left to make her like this. I was still hopeful that one day, I would catch a glimpse of the old Lexy. The real Lexy.

This bitch was not the real Lexy McKenzie, and both of us knew it. But I wasn't going to bring it up, because that would just create bigger problems-for me.

"No," I managed to say. "I - I don't like Ryan." That may have been a little white lie. Okay, he was the hottest guy in the pack. He and his twin brother, David, who was the Alpha and my only friend.

Ryan had the whole golden-boy look, while David had the Bad Boy image. Ryan had light, fair colored hair and slightly tanned skin, while his brother looked to be his complete opposite. David had midnight colored hair, and his skin was a deep, dark tan. I don't know how they ended up looking so different, but they were as far from identical twins as you could possibly get.