3: Avara

I WON'T BE POSTING UPDATES TO THIS STORY ANYMORE! I'LL LEAVE THE FIRST 7 CHAPTERS UP HERE AS WELL AS ON MY MAIN PROFILE WHERE I'LL CONTINUE ADDING UPDATES TO THE STORY. 

GO TO: SamanthaSaurusRex

-SAM

CHAPTER THREE: AVARA

"Who are you?"

I almost cursed myself for opening my mouth when I realized just how shaken I sounded.

"I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count. Just think back a little bit and I'm pretty sure you can figure it out."

After I stayed silent and staring, no doubt looking completely clueless, she heaved out a sigh and lightning quick reached out and pressed her hand against my forehead.

The sensation I felt next was completely shocking; it felt as if I was being yanked out of place and being hurtled down a tunnel at a hundred miles an hour.

I opened my eyes and was completely thrown off guard by the fact that I wasn't in the same place I was a moment again. In fact, we were standing somewhere completely different.

I was surprised to realize that I knew where we were. The place hadn't changed one bit from the worn wooden floors to the green wallpapered walls.

We were in the family room in my old house.

I wasn't able to think on it anymore, because just then there was commotion coming from the entryway of little voice shouting and running this way.

"Wait for me!"

"Then hurry up, Ava, or I'll start the movie without you!" He was younger, but I could tell that the little boy of only nine or so was my older brother, Jesse.

The girl he was shouting at a minute ago replied in an irritated voice, "Oh shut it, Jesse. I have to finish feeding Lilah her lunch and then we can watch the stupid movie!"

There was a pause before she quickly shouted at Jesse from another room again.

"And don't you dare start the movie without us! You know Lilah wants to watch it just as much as we do and if she doesn't get to watch from the beginning, she'll get upset. And if she does then you get to take care of her until Marley gets here!" I scrunched my eyebrows together as I realized she was talking about my old babysitter Marley Arlen. I hadn't thought about her in years, since my parents had stopped letting her watch me after Jesse had turned thirteen.

Jesse huffed and slumped down on the couch, pouting just like he always did when he didn't get his way.

I couldn't help myself when I stepped away from the girl who looked like me and crouched down in front of my older (little?) brother, but he took no notice and stared through me as if I wasn't there at all.

A hand landed on my shoulder from behind and I jumped in surprise, whirling around to see my look alike staring at me with a knowing expression.

"We can't interact with them," She said apologetically. "This is only a memory and we're just here to observe."

I sighed in frustration, stalking away and leaning up against the wall on the farthest side of the room. We sat in silence for a few minutes until we were finally joined by two more kids.

One was a girl who looked exactly like I did right now. She must have been about my age of fourteen or maybe a year or two younger. There was a younger girl of maybe three years old positioned on her hip.