4: Truth Comes To Light...Or Darkness

I WON'T BE POSTING UPDATES TO THIS STORY ANYMORE! I'LL LEAVE THE FIRST 7 CHAPTERS UP HERE AS WELL AS ON MY MAIN PROFILE WHERE I'LL CONTINUE ADDING UPDATES TO THE STORY. 

GO TO: SamanthaSaurusRex

THANKS GUYS! 

-SAM

CHAPTER FOUR: TRUTH COMES TO LIGHT...OR DARKNESS

  Waking up after a beating isn't always the most comfortable thing; I should know since I have pretty extensive experience with it.

But this time there was something different than all of the other mornings I'd woken up.

For one thing, there wasn't someone harassing me to get out of my old lumpy bed to come and make them breakfast at the crack of dawn. Instead the only sound that greeted me was the steady breathing of someone on the far side of the darkened room.

The sheets underneath me were made of the softest silk I'd ever felt and all I wanted to do at that moment was bury my head into the soft pillows I was propped up on and...

This wasn't my bedroom. That was the other thing that had been nagging me at the back of my mind, but I hadn't really actually noticed until now. This wasn't a room I'd ever been in before and the scent of the room's owner was foreign, yet familiar all at the same time. If that even made any sense. It was absolutely intoxicating.

In my haste to move and get out of the large bed I was tucked into, I only ended up tumbling to the ground as my legs gave out on me and I felt all of the damage that had been inflicted upon my body.

Faster than my still-fuzzy mind could detect, the person on the other side of the room woke up with a start and was leaning over me in the next second.

"Are you alright? Here, let me just..." I was quickly swept up into a pair of muscular arms and deposited back onto the bed before I could even think of responding to his question.

"Look, just stay still while I call for Uric. Can you do that for me, princess?" That voice...

All I could do was sit there and stare up at the shadowed figure that was leaning over me again. The only feature I could make out of his was the glowing violet eyes. They were so beautiful...

"Is that a yes?"

"You're the one from my dream." It was out of my mouth before I even registered that I was thinking it and I immediately blushed, looking away and at my hands that were clutching at the comforter beneath me.

The little light in the room caught his lips as they lifted into a smirk as looked down at me with softly amused eyes. "You dream of me?"

My flush deepened to the roots of my hair, as I quickly caught onto the implication of his words. "I didn't mean it like that!"

"Sure you didn't," He snorted. "I'll pretend to believe you for a moment until you calm down." He said, obviously referring to the red staining my skin.

God, why did the chuckles slipping out of his mouth have to be so hot...

Hell! What am I thinking? I am way too young to be having these thoughts about a guy! Especially one who seemed to be at in his twenties, maybe eighteen at the least.