6: After All This Time

I WON'T BE POSTING UPDATES TO THIS STORY ANYMORE! I'LL LEAVE THE FIRST 7 CHAPTERS UP HERE AS WELL AS ON MY MAIN PROFILE WHERE I'LL CONTINUE ADDING UPDATES TO THE STORY. 

GO TO: SamanthaSaurusRex

THANKS GUYS!

-Sam loves you all!

Six: After All This Time

Time after Avara took me away with her to somewhere she claimed was safer for us both seemed to pass extremely slow.

In all the time we'd been gone, my eyesight hadn't magically healed and become the way it used to be before I'd woken up in Braxxen's pack, much to my immense disappointment. In fact, as time passed by, my eyesight seemed to decline.

For the first year and a half or so, it had practically stayed the same, so Avara had been happy to drag me with her from town to town, city to city. Whenever she thought we'd stayed in one place for too long, or if she so much as got a feeling that the mysterious people we were supposed to be hiding from were on our trail, we skipped town and settled in another one just like it and far enough away from the last that it calmed her worries at least a little bit.

She wouldn't tell me much about what we were supposedly running from, but I didn't mind much, because she was always there helping me when I needed her and giving me space when I felt like the world was against me. She didn't think I was broken.

To Avara, I was just her little sister. Someone she loved and felt the need to protect.

In some ways, she felt the way Braxxen should have felt about me all those years ago when we'd first met.

Two years after I'd been on the run with Avara, my headaches returned with a vengeance and my eyesight began to decline rapidly. Another year after that and the only thing I could see was vague shadows. Color was completely gone from my world and I felt alone in a world where everyone else relied on their eyes to see what was in front of them.

I was seventeen now and a senior in high school. The story that Avara fed to the school was that she was my guardian as our parents had perished in a plane crash when I was nine years old. Close enough. They had died when I was nine, but not in a plane crash. My parents had been murdered. Not by rogues, as everyone else in the pack I'd been born to would have you believe, but by some unknown man who'd broken into our house in the middle of the night and slit their throats right in their bed. And then he had proceeded to try and drag me with him out of the house and to his car.

It was only when the woman who lived next door appeared unexpectedly that he let me go and left in a hurry.

To this day, I still don't know who he was or if he's even been caught. I just know that he hadn't been a werewolf. On that horror filled night, his scent had been completely human.

Which probably made the situation that much worse. Jesse had been off staying at a friends for the night and the neighbor lady had been a human, mated to one of the packs wolves, so she hadn't been able to corroborate my story that the man had been human.

The whole pack had believed I'd lied. After all, how could a pathetic human man murder two full grown werewolves with just a kitchen knife?

It wasn't supposed to be possible, so of course no one believed me. Hence the story about the rogues attacking us late in the night.

How Avara had managed to actually get me enrolled in school so many times was a miracle to me, since she wasn't actually my guardian and technically Jesse actually was.