IV. Peyton and Memories

Jean’ POV

She woke up! Yes! At least she opened her eyes! She instantly looked at me when she opened her eyes. She smiled at our intertwined fingers.

I reached my free hand to her face and caressed her chubby cheeks. I kiss her head again and again as if we didn’t see each other for a long time.

 “I missed you!” I pinched her cheeks while scrunching my nose.

“I missed you too even though we are together yesterday.” She giggled. I loved her; words can’t describe how I feel about her. “Mom! Dad!” she reached her free hands towards them.

 I let her hand go so she could reach towards them. She hugged them tightly “I’m hungry!”

We all giggled.

“Why? Staying here unconscious is really starving.” We stopped and looked at her. She laughed. “Kidding guyssss!!!! Lighten up! You know that this is my situation still you’re in a depressing attitude. Please don’t do this.”

I laughed, “We’re just shocked! Here.” I handed her a box of cookies.

“Yehey!” she squealed. Her mom and dad laugh lightly.

We just talk and laugh while watching SpongeBob on the TV.

After a while I realized that she’s drifting to sleep.

Angie’s getting ready for her work and I decided to take this opportunity to ask her the question that I really want to know.

“Angie does she know her situation?”

“No we haven’t told her yet. Why did you ask?”

“She mentioned her situation a while ago and asks us to lighten up.”

“Oh that. You know that she hates hospitals and she doesn’t like being in here. Maybe that’s why she mentioned that.”

“Oh, okay.”

Angie and Daniel left the hospital to go on with their works. I decided to call mom since it was Thursday and can’t go to school and I don’t have clothes.

I dialed her number…

 Ring...

“Hello? Jean? Jean! Where are you? We’ve been looking for you!” I’m right! They’re all worried for me, and mom as a mother is in her hysterical attitude now. I can’t blame her.

“Mom calm down! I’m here at the hospital” of course she cut me off.

“You’re at the hospital? What are you doing there? Are-”

“Mom, will you please listen! You’re so paranoid! Please hear me out first?”

“Ok! Ok! I’m sorry!”

“I’m here since 4 a.m.-”

“Why-”

“I thought you’ll listen! I’m here at that time because Angel’s in here. I’ll tell everything when I get home.

“Wait, did you say Angel was in the hospital? Oh my! How is she? Is she awake?”

I laugh, “Yes she’s awake but she’s not fine, I’ll tell you when I get home. I need a now a few clothes. Can you ask Peyton to bring me some?”

“Sure thing sweetie! Tell Angel to take care! I love you!”

~

After a few minutes someone knock on the door. When I opened it I saw Peyton holding a big bag and her purple purse.