Chapter Eight: The Portal in the Tunnel

Hello I just wanted to say I was really sorry (to the people who actually read this) that I didn't update in a long time. I've been focusing on another plot for another story on quotev.

"I don't get it!" I screamed at him, ignoring the fact that I shouldn't be too loud. "Why am I always the first one?!" I continue. There's this buzzing and I'm not sure if it's coming from my thoughts or from him.

Then there's this blinding light and I'm absently rushing towards him. I feel this power behind my outbreak. I don't know why, but I feel as if I've been missing it my whole life. I try my best to keep it from getting out of hand, but I guess once you find something that completes you, you feel empty when it leaves. So I push harder, and strive to reach my goal. But I'm not sure what my goal is.

The blue fire comes again, this time from not only my veins, but my feet too. They light the ground in cracks, as if lightning was striking the rocks beneath me. Water comes from my eyes, but this time for a different reason. Unheedingly, I stop for no reason whatsoever. I knew this was wrong. I wasn't sure what I was doing, but I was sure I wasn't supposed to be doing it.

I suddenly feel lightheaded. I stumble backward and sit down to collect myself. Redeemed, I stand back up and rush towards a building. My hands heat up and I do something I've never done before. My hands create blue fire, and I throw them in  indiscriminate directions. My muscles tense, and all hell breaks loose. Dark figures come from the walls, and slither along the floor. The dark figures look like demonic fiends with blood leaking from their eyes, rotting flesh for a mouth. Yellowed teeth stick out crooked from their mouth, but they seem to have this unreal energy to them. Then the ravenous demons go up to him, and wrap themselves around him like the devil, ready to strike.

Then, I play with him. Instinctively, I pull at his nerves. They flinch as I mess with them. Then I realize, I'm making him feel pain without physically harming him. He writhes in desperation for me to stop. It's quite fun making people that hurt me pay. Torture goes a long way.

Then I stop. Again, I noticing this is not me. I look around until I see him twisting in the corner of the alleyway. I stand there, gasping for breath, not even fully realizing what I did there.
--
I jolt awake at the sound of a log snapping. "I'm starting to think she's dead." I heard someone say. It was just a dream. I jump up as fast as I can. As all the blood rushes to my head, and I fall forwards, hitting a wall that I'm pretty sure wasn't there before. I slide down the tiny railing clamped to the side, fully acknowledging defeat from a wall. "Nope she's fine." The voice says again. It must be Weroth. Someone grabs my arm just before I become a blob that melted in with the floor.

"What happened?" I'm now in a sitting position, crossing my legs over a mysterious stain on the painted concrete ground. It seems everywhere we go inside this house, it's red, including the floor. That reminded me of the red queen from Alice in Wonderland. I loved that movie so much I dressed up as Alice for Halloween, and didn't dress any differently until the end of January. It got old after a while though, plus it got smaller and smaller with every day that had passed.
"You randomly passed out. This happens sometimes, not very often actually, when your powers upgrade." She held out her hand to pull me up. I took it, and weakly stood up. "When your about 20 these will stop happening and your powers will reach their full strength."

"Guess that explains my dream." I muttered under my breath so nobody heard me. We started walking down the dimly lit hallway, until we found a door.

"Here we are, the Tyrental Portals." Weroth said. "Kay, you know pig Latin right? You need to know that to get directions from the elves that guide you where your going." Kay nodded as Weroth opened the first door of many to come.