Chapter XVII - Debt

GOMEN NASAI FOR SUCH A LONG WAITTT!!!

I'm in my GCSE year starting thing now, and have been literally BOMBARDED with homework, so I didn't have time!! Plus, Obsession and A narnia rewrite BOTH need updating, so... yeah. But Imma do this'n first, cuz I love Gaara the most!! (But don't tell Sasuke that, he might eat my face) but anyway, ON WITH THE STORY!!!

Sora x

- - -

"NAAARUUUUUTOOOO-CHAAAAAAN!!!!"

The spiky head of blonde swivelled towards me, shock written over the surprisingly matured, whiskered face of my brother. A positively huge grin almost split his face, and he swept me up in a tight hug. "Kaien!! Nee-chan, you're finally here!!"

I laughed as I took in the scowling faces of the village elders. Man, those meat-sacks were still alive?! They must be like a million years old by now! And apparently, I had interrupted something.

Then I saw my shishou, and grinned at her. "Good to see ya again, Tsunade-shishou!"

Kakashi just stood where the door once was, scratching his head nervously. "Gomen, Hokage-sama, Kaien's still a bit... wild."

I scowled at him, letting my nii-chan go, then noticing the broken door, which I had no doubt bust open in my haste to get to my brother. "Ah... oops."

Tsunade sighed, "It's fine. I'm glad you're here at last, Kaien."

* * *

I sighed a little. Time for my mission to commence.

I wonder how Gaara's doing without me? I hope he's okay. Kankuro better not try and give him any 'advice' while I'm gone.

I, Tsunade, Kakashi, Shikamaru, and some other ANBU grouped together, before entering a huge, dark room. It was made of cold stone, so that my old teammate would have nothing to work with (e.g. burn) and I could see he had been bound in the exact centre of the room. He didn't look as if he were in pain, though he must of been; he had terrible wounds. They looked as though they had been treated, but the treatment had obviously been half-assed.

I stepped towards him, my hands glowing green, but a firm hand caught my shoulder. I looked to Kakashi, and he gave me a firm yet sad look. "Don't heal him. We can't afford to have him in top physical condition."

I let the green chakra fade from my hands, and gazed at Sasuke sadly from my back seat position, as the two ANBU started asking him questions, alongside Tsunade-sama. He was refusing to speak, and just sat there, appearing as though he had not heard.

After a while, the silence grew maddening. I nudged Kakashi, and whispered, "Let me talk to him."

Kakashi measured my expression for a second, then Tsunade nodded at me, and gestured for me to come and stand with her. I moved and sat on my knees in front of the bound man that was once like a brother to me, looking from his gaping wounds to his arms that were bound apart from each other to disable the formation of hand-seals. A sudden thought made my eyes widen, and I formed a hand seal myself, and I growled out "Uncover his eyes." to the ANBU closest to me.

"What?! I don't think that's a good i-"

"Just do it!" I snarled, my teeth gritted. I couldn't help it, though. The jutsu I was using was one that I hadn't used in Kami-knows how many years, and it was like trying to stretch an elastic band that was a mile thick. Serious strain on me there.

The ANBU, obviously doubting my words but having no choice but to obey, untied the bindings from around Sasuke's eyes. Said Uchiha still hung his head, refusing to look at anything other than the floor.

"Sasuke..?" I spoke softly, "Sasuke, it's me, Kaien. Remember?"

There was still no response, and it stung. I bit my lip, and gently moved my hand, pulling his chin up carefully to look him in the eyes, as though he was very fragile. His eyes were cold, and unemotional, but widened slightly as he recognised the hand sign for the mind invasion jutsu (Haha, thought I'd forgotten that'n, didn't ya?), and stiffened, paralysed. His eyes suddenly glowed red with his sharingan, and it was a war between the two, but I wasn't worried. I had expected this.

I had known exactly what would happen, also. I was suddenly sucked into darkness, along with the rogue ninja in front of me, as he tried to put me under a Genjutsu while I tried to access his mind. Everything seemed to disappear, even the walls and floor, and we were just cast astray in nothingness.

By brow pulled into a frown. Neither one of us spoke, choosing to convey anything wanted to be said through the unwavering eye contact that we held. I felt that I... understood... somewhat. Understood his motives... I couldn't sympathise, but, I could empathise. If someone killed Naruto or Gaara, I would go to any means to kill the person that took them away from me.

I thought back through the times we had spent as team seven, then a realisation hit me.

If Sasuke hadn't of left, would I have ever of gotten to know Gaara? If he had not, then there would have been no fight with Kimimaro, no hospital night of speaking to Gaara, no teaching with the red headed shinobi.

I smiled at Sasuke. He looked shocked. "Thank you, onii-sama."

In a way, I owed Sasuke everything.

- - -

OMIGOD!! I KNOW, A TOTALLY SHORT AND SUCKISH CHAPTER!!

I'm sorreeeeeee!!!! But I haven't got time to write anymore, and I want to get a new chap out of Obsession and A narnia rewrite, so meh.

Hehey, eat some people, beat up some emo's, lick an egg... but whatever you do...

FAN, VOTE, AND COMMENT!!!!

Much love, Sora xx