Chapter Three

**Later that day**
Linnise's Prov.
I put my lip gloss on then texted Joseph. "Hey I'm getting ready to leave" I then got my bag, put my phone,money and lip balm in it and when down stairs. Chris had to drive me so he was waiting for me at the front door. I gave my dad a kiss then jumped in the truck, literally. Half way there Chris said "So text me like 10 minutes before your ready to leave and If he try's to kiss you go for it, it's really annoying when a girl push's you away" I just looked at him like he was crazy then looked back.  I was checking my hair as I saw the sign for the gas station. "Okay bye Chris, see you later" I said "Bye Lizard" Chris said as he drove away. I turn around and saw Joseph standing in front of the big window in the front of the store. He was wearing a blue plaid shirt with blue jeans and brown work boots. He looked so cute! So I walked over to him "Hey Linnise!" I just smiled, then a smelt some amazing thing. Like heaven on earth, it was the smell of Old Spice. He had just the right amount of it on too! Ugh, it was awesome. "So should we start walking?" Joseph asked. The fair wasn't to far. "Ya sure" I said with a smile. As we walked I was imaging all the things that could happen. I didn't want to "get lucky" If you know what I mean. But there was a small glimpse of hope for maybe my first kiss. "So how long have you lived here?" Joseph then asked. "I've lived here my whole life, this little town is my home." "Oh, cool. You know you can call me Joey if you want to" Joey said wall fixing his hair and blushing. "Okay, Joey. I don't let to many people call me this but you can call me Lizard if you want?" I could feel my cheek flare up. "Haha okay, Lizard" Joey said with a smile. 😊  "Hey I can see the fair!" I said as we turned the corner. "I told Kendra we could meet up maybe around the round about around like 5. Is that okay with you?"
"Haha ya sure Josh asked me too" We walked over to the ticket both and got tickets for games and things. First we went to the ballon popping game. He said "Watch this" he then popped 6 balloons with 3 darts. He got me a pink monkey that was holding a heart. Then we went and watch a horse show for a mintiue then Joey said we should go on the Farris wheel. Oh my god, this is it I'm going to have the best first kiss! Like in the movies! Yes! I thought. As we walk over he tried to get my hand. I held it my hands started to sweat, I was so nervous. Once he finally got my hand I could see him smile out of the corner of my eye. It made me so happy to see that he was happy to have me. As we got on the ride,I was super nervous. As sat down the man managing the ride locked us in then the ride began. My hand was sitting on the seat. He slowly put his hand on top of mine. We reached the top then Joey looked at me and slowing leaned in to kiss me. As are lips pressed up togher I could feel the butterfly's in my tummy. As we backed up I looked in his eyes a saw a twinkle I've never seen before. It was an amazing moment.