3.

Kirana glanced away from her schedule and started flipping through the book on the top of the pile (The Mysteries of Mogrifying). After a few pages, she turned back to the front and started reading. This wasn't boring like her usual textbooks! This was readable material! Her nose in the book, she didn't notice the line had stopped until she bumped into Lucas, who was in front of her. He turned around with an annoyed look.

"You AGAIN? Are you sure you're not doing it on purpose?" His exasperated tone signified how tired he was.

"My name isn't you." Kirana retorted. "And it's not my fault you were out of control anyways."

"Well, sorry, I didn't catch your name. And I admit I was out of control earlier." Lucas sighed. "Let's start over and forget our bad history. I go first. Ok, I'm Lucas and I like basketball." Kirana giggled. Lucas raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry, I just think it's so funny!" Kirana hooted. Lucas elbowed her. Alec was staring down the line at them.

"It seems that the same girl needs some more learning."

Kirana's laugh died. All the other initiates were gaping at her, mouths slightly open.

Alec gave her an evil look.

"As I was saying, where we are standing is the center of the entire school. This is the courtyard and also where you eat lunch. The place to buy your lunch is... un-existing. I trust you to be responsible enough to bring your own lunch. Now, enough chitchat. GET TO CLASS!"

Kirana slid her new books into her bag, and sprinted up the stairs, clutching the schedule tightly. She searched the entire hallway (starting with room 200) before noticing that the rooms weren't in number order.

"Uh oh." Kirana bolted down the stairs right into Lucas, who was squinting at his schedule in confusion.

"Oh-huff-hi!" Kirana panted.

Lucas peered at her. "Is room 193 up there by any chance?"

"Yeah-huff-room 200-huff-and 189-huff-and 132 and 149-huff-and 193-huff-and some..." Kirana choked out.

Lucas raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"You memorized it?" They compared schedules.

"Ok, room 204 is in the basement. I was down there looking."

"Thanks!" Off they dashed to their separate classes.

Kirana gratefully slid into an empty seat-in an empty classroom. After arriving at room 204, she realized that she was 5 minutes late-and no one else had arrived except the teacher, Holly Berthew, who was only a few years older that Alec, and certainly looked the part. Golden sun-kissed skin complemented a perfect body and a face that looked like it belonged on TV. Kirana, staring at her model of a teacher, sank into a stupor.