Seventeen;

Zak didn't know what to do, stay or go. Could he be around me now that I'm getting worse or could he stay and help me through it all? Tough times are coming and this is where I'll see his true colours.

I had woken up to Zak sitting and starring at me, I had grabbed his hand and kissed it.

"You're still here?" As I moved up, my head shuttered and forced me to lie down. "Fuck my head!"

"It's okay, you've just got a headache, here take this. It should help with the pain." He hand fed me medication and pour the water down my throat making it run down my neck. He bent down and lick it up while planting little kisses, I giggled and softly moaned.

"Leigh, can I ask you a question?" I widen my eyes and nodded. "I need you to think hard about this okay." I nodded again.

"Leigh, I want you to move in with me." He caressed my face as I sat there in shock.

He wanted me to live with him and the possibility of dying in his house, did this man need to be surrounded by death even more? I sat there puzzled and tried to think of an answer, could it work?

"Don't answer yet, I need to go away for four days. I'm doing a lockdown in Texas, think about it Leigh. I've thought hard about it." He kissed my forehead and left me speechless, what will my mum say?

I rushed upstairs and caught mum doing her make up.

"Mum! He wants me to move in with him! I-I it's Li-like WHAT THE FUCK!" I needed to sit down, I plonked on the toilet seat and held my head in his hands.

"Leigh, what could really happen? You'll move, he'll restrict you from living or maybe you'll be at his by yourself? What are you two, dating? Leigh you said you wanted marriage! You have time for this stuff, do you really wanna settle for him?" She couldn't look at me directly, she could only glance at me through he reflection.

"What? He isn't like that! What's gotten into you? You're not caring for me! You're now off with John constantly, you didn't even care when I was dripping in blood last night! I'm 22 in a week! I think I can make my own decisions, I want him. I love him!" I stormed out and went to my room, firstly crying into a pillow then I began to pack.

I'm hadn't even made my decision and I caught myself throwing all my stuff into bags, I was waling like a baby. I heard mum come into my room and through my stuff away, I rolled my eyes and continued to pack.

"Leigh! You can't go, you'll be looked after better here. He can't give you what I can." My face dropped, I got tired and finally threw my hands up in the air.

"I'm happy mum, he makes me happy isn't that what you want? He who is Zak is making me happy without medical bills, therapy or a pill. I want to spend my last year happy and carefree, I don't want and regrets." I sat on my bed and cried.

"Leigh, think about it." She patted my leg and left me, she was heading out then spending the night at John's.

I had taken my medication and crashed on my bed sleeping for the whole night and majority through the next day.  I need that sleep, I woke up at dusk and still hasn't heard from Zak. He must've need me to think without him constantly texting me or me thinking about him, I rolled out of bed and headed to the lounge room. Mum was on the couch crying and cuddling up to a box of tissues.

"Mum?"

She fixed her face and gave me a fake smile.

"Leigh I'm sorry." She patted the empty space next to her and I went to sit down.

"Go with him, you deserve it. I'm just in denial thinking that maybe with everything you'd never leave but you need to go." I sat back in shock.

"Go be with Zak, love him, fight with him, make up with him, accept his flaws, make mistakes to hell with it marry him if you can. Just be happy and I will forever be happy, I can't keep holding you back. It pains me to see you leave but I'll come visit, I'll be a phone call away." She hugged me tight, a hug I've never felt before. It was vulnerable, it was pure and it was love.

"Oh mum. I love you so much, I can't even begin to describe what you mean to me. But you're right, I'm ready to move on with the last of me. You'll always be the shine to my sun." I kissed her cheek softly and held her hand over my heart.

"It's beating because of you, it has kept its beat because of you and when it stops, it'll wait for you." We had our little cry and she helped me pack more stuff and sort out my room.