Twenty Six;

Weeks later we were back to our normal schedule, Zak working on his new lockdowns and I was keeping my head up high and striving to keep living. I haven't been feeling well but I'm too scared to alert Zak due to him being consumed with Ghost Adventures and his new upcoming show, I hated being a burden on him.

The phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hello sweetie. Finally I can hear you! I miss you so much"

With all this work I hadn't seen him in what feels like eternity.

"Ahhh Zak! I'm miss you too how is everything?" I was over the moon to talk to him.

"It's all good, going to be a hit once everything is sorted. How are you though? The vomiting and hot flashes stopped?"

I choked on his words.

"Leigh? Are you okay?" Panic had risen in his tone.

"I um yea I'm good just still going through hot flashes." Lie.

Normally our phone conversations would end in kinky phone sex but my libido has deceased and soon Zak will notice.

I hung up from him and cleaned the kitchen before bed, I hit the stairs and struggled to climb them. I rubbed my eyes and everything became blurry, I saw someone stand at the top of his stairs and fade away. I was determine to climb the stairs but I was weaker by the minute, I released my grip from the rails and fell back which made me tumble. I laid motionless on the floor and the figure had walked away.

"Zak its Mary, Leigh's in hospital. Why didn't you tell me she was ill? Call me, bye"

"Ho-how the fu-- HELP" I went into panic noticing I was in a hospital bed alone.

"Leigh calm down" there's that familiar voice, my mum.

"Mum! What? Zak? It hurts!" I held my hand over my heart freaking out over this all.

"Why didn't you tell Zak? Why is he even away when you're not well? Why the hell didn't you tell me?" I sat confused at my mum, I knew what she was saying but couldn't get past the idea she might've call Zak.

"I'll be fine. I've been fine, I think I'm getting better?" I probably looked at stupid as ever.

"Leigh! You are sick. You are dying. This is it."

That was hard to hear, mum was getting upset and she decided to leave.

"Oh and I rang Zak, he'll be here later."

Oh fuck.