1.3 The brunch that introduces all

The Bachelor’s Party

© iamDestinatas 2013

CHAPTER 1.3 The brunch that introduces all

When they entered the restaurant, the guy asked for a table for two while handling a hundred dollar-bill to the receptionist, discretely. Her eyebrows puckered as she followed behind him. She hated being associated with rich spoiled brats who knew nothing but control everyone with their family’s money.

A group of people seated in the middle of the restaurant caught her attention. They were wearing their Sunday clothes. The typical polo shirts and dresses fit for people at the top of the social pyramid. Her eyes landed on the red-headed woman, all fiery with her blood red lips and white dress. Her frown turned into a grimace and soon enough, the woman returned it with hers. Her perfect eyebrow arched and her blood red lips thinned. The feeling was mutual.

“Damn,” The guy muttered. “So that’s why I remember this restaurant.”

He straightened his blue shirt and walked towards the group. Fran was watching him greet everyone on the table, civilly.

“I’m actually with someone. So, I’ll have to excuse myself.” He smiled politely.

But then, the red-headed woman gasped in a phony surprise. “Oh my God!”

“Is that you, Frankie?” She continued and waved her hand at Fran. Fran scowled at the familiar nickname. “Why don’t you come over here, darling? Join us!” The man beside Georgina was wide-eyed with surprise.

She knew she was going to regret this sooner but she walked towards their table, nonetheless.

“You look a little different today,” Georgina mentioned. “Don’t you think, Frank?”

“Yes, dear,” Frank replied silently. “She looks just like her late mother.” Fran could see anger and disgust seething upon Georgina’s face because of jealousy.

“You both know each other?” The brown-haired guy that Fran was with asked Georgina as he motioned a waiter for two more chairs.

“Of course,” Georgina gave Fran one of her wicked smiles that would never miss to give her goose bumps. “She’s the child of Frank to his mistress.”

Fran almost fell off her chair. There were gasps from the table, the women clutched on to their pearls. There was also a man who almost choked to his coffee. Even the guy she’s with was shocked.

Where the hell was this going? What is that evil Georgina planning?

“Oh, c’mon,” She smiled nonchalantly. But Fran knew, behind that masked innocent smile of hers was a wicked and devious grin. She must have been having the time of her life, scheming to humiliate her in front of all these people.

“It’s not like it wasn’t disclosed on the news,” She continued nonchalantly. “It isn’t her fault. It’s nobody’s fault. Actually, Frank and I are thinking of adopting her ever since her mother died. But this girl, right here,…” She pinched Fran’s cheek like a child. “kept hiding from us.”

Fran laughed as if Georgina just said something funny that she almost choked on her orange juice.

“Oh, you’re serious.” Fran mocked her.

Nobody laughed with her. Instead, all attention were towards them as they seated uncomfortably on their chairs.

What in God’s names was this woman planning? Adopt me? And she said it publicly. She hated me. The woman loathed me. I was the daughter of his husband to another woman. Rather, I was the bastard of the mayor. I was the bastard that stained the name of the mayor. Or much worse, I stained her beautiful oh-so-innocent name. She despised the fact that I ruined her reputation.