6 The familiar one

The Bachelor’s Party

© iamDestinatas 2013

CHAPTER 6 The familiar one

Fran decided for more than a phone call; she was going to see the mayor. So, on her day off, she took her car and drove. When she reached his office, she was blocked.

"The mayor is on a meeting," His assistant informed her.

"Well then, I'll wait for it to finish." She slumped on the couch opposite the arrogant assistant, trying to smile and calm herself.

She never looked for her father ever since they left. It was the way her mother’s eyes began to lose their sparkle the moment they stepped on to the plane. It was the way she squeezed her little hand and never looked back. It was every smile that carried every contentment and every last hope she had as they lived together under a small apartment. It was her every warm hug that comforted her. It was that stillness and love that lingered around Fran and her mother that allowed them to be happy.

"You have to make an appointment-"

"Then, make me one," She crossed her legs and began a stare down.

He was the first one to look away, but not to cower away. He faced his computer and typed, before speaking again. "I'm sorry. He has no available time for the rest of the week."

"He's expecting me. Tell him it's Dr Francesca Saunders."

"I'm really sorry, Dr Saunders," He enunciated her name slowly, never losing his sarcasm. "But no appointment has been inquired under that name." He came off quite suspicious for Fran's liking.

"Is that so?"

"Yes," He replied way too quickly.

"Really?" She stood up and leaned on his desk, placing her palms on the edges and letting him feel cornered.

"Yes," He replied, straightening up, not letting her standing figure to tower him.

"For the whole week?"

"The mayor is a very busy man." He teased, stating the obvious fact.

"What's he doing after the meeting?" She asked immediately, catching him off guard.

"Uhm, he has a-, an appointment with uhm,"

"I don't think so," She crossed her arms, feeling victorious.

"I'm sorry but I can't disclose any information to you." He tried to get back up on his feet.

"Really?" She looked down on his crystal clear, lying eyes and smirked. "But you just think that now, didn't you?"

"I don't know-"

"Did she tell you to not let him see me?"

"Who are-"

"Georgina. His wife. Did she ordered you to stop me from seeing Frank?" Fran had failed to control her rising anger.

"He's not even in a meeting, is he?" She didn't wait for him to reply before she started to stump angrily towards his office. She was instantly blocked by two huge men in black, she was assuming was Frank's personal bodyguards. She tried to be discrete about it and ask them politely to step away but they didn't budge, so she decided to do it the brusque way.

"What are you doing?" She tried releasing from their iron grip. "Get off me or I will sue." She was ignored and they started pulling her away from his office.

She stopped them for a moment by pressing her heels onto the floor and yelled, "Get your ass in here, Francis Josephine Hamilton!" She was immediately dragged and lifted by the security.