8- Not Alone Anymore

~Ty~

When I woke up, I was a little surprised to find that Sky wasn't up yet, like he was yesterday. I felt something warm beside me, and looked to see a puppy lying beside me and smiled. Rascal slept with me. I pet him on the head, which woke him up instantly, and he wagged his tail and started licking me in the face, which made me laugh a little.

"Hey, Rascal." I greeted quietly. I then figured that, since no one else is up, that I could take him outside. I looked at him.

"Wanna go outside?" I asked playfully. He gave a little bark and jumped off the couch towards the back door, which made me smile. It took me a few seconds to get up, but I hopped my way over to him, and he started wagging his tail even more. He seemed to notice my ankle, and sniffed it and whined, as if he knew it was hurting me. I gave a little smile.

"I'll be okay boy." I told him, slowly bending down to pet him again. He sat in front of the door as he waited for me to open it. When I looked, I seen that the yard was fenced off, so it was okay to just let him out and not have him run off. As soon as I opened the door, he bounded out to the yard to run around and sniff everything while I watched him.

After a few more minutes of letting him explore the yard, I called out to him. 

"Rascal, come here boy!" His ears perked, he looked at me and started running over to greet me again, tail wagging. I pet him again, laughing.

"Good boy." I praised. He gave a little bark of excitement. I opened the door for him to go in, and followed him inside.

"Where does Sky keep the dog food?" I asked, more to myself. Rascal looked up as if he heard, and whined. 

"You wanna go wake him up?" I asked, and he tilted his head, which I thought was cute.

"Can you go wake Sky up? Go wake him up, Rascal!" I said, and he barked and wagged his tail before running for the stairs. A few minutes later, I see Sky walking down the steps with all 3 dogs with him, and he looked at me.

"How long have you been up, Ty? Sorry if I kept you waiting." Sky said sleepily.

I shook my head and smiled. "I haven't been up for long, don't worry. I took Rascal outside by the way, and when we came in, I told him to go wake you up." He smiled and chuckled.

"Well, thanks for taking him out, and he definitely woke me up." 

I laughed a little before he started talking again.

"Did you want to get their food while I take these two out?" Gesturing to Milton and Bailey. I nodded.

"Great, thanks!" He said, smiling again. "Their food, if you look in the kitchen, should be beside the sink, okay?"

"Okay," I answered, and watched as he took them out back. I walked into the kitchen, Rascal beside me, to get the dog food. I found it where he said it would be, and grabbed the cup out of the bag to scoop the food out. It wasn't too hard to find their bowls, as they were all pretty much in the same spot. I poured the food in, and got some water from the sink, making sure it was cold enough before I put it in their water bowls. While I did this, Rascal sat by the table, patiently waiting, despite being a puppy.

I limped over to him, and he stood up and wagged his tail. I carefully bent down, and he stood on his hind legs and put his front paws on me, licking my face, and making me giggle. I started petting him while he did so, and praising him.