| chapter nine |

Deciding that I wasn't going to spend the rest of the day in a hotel room, I look around the room, for anything that could give me an idea of what's in this town. I get out of the bed and wander from it to the table in the corner. There's a book full of phone numbers and pictures of the hotel. In 2001, Matt Damon stayed a few days here. Flipping some more pages, I see a large picture of a park. It has the same name as the hotel, so maybe it's close. I didn't see a park pulling into the lot, though.
"Do you like parks, Cas?" I speak, feeling his eyes on the back of my neck. He shifts in the bed and I hear footsteps toward me.
"Not really. Well.. I haven't really been to one for a reason other than Sam and Dean." He shrugs, his coat shuffling with every small movement.
"Want to go to one today? You know.. without Sam and Dean?" I ask. Castiel's eyes light up, as if no one has asked him to do something for fun.
"Sure." I nod and close the book.
"I'm going to go take a shower first." I turn, meet his eyes, and walk to the bathroom, breaking his gaze on me. 
The shower was nice. Hot water hit my back in beads. It trailed down my body and into the tub below. I wash my hair with little bottles of hotel shampoo that smells like mint and a hint of banana. That's odd. I try to get all the smell of river, forest, and Impala out of my hair, and I think it worked well. Then, I find a bar of soap. I raise it to my nose and take a breath. More mint and banana. Maybe I'll find a store today to buy my own soap and shampoo.
Once I think I'm clean enough, I turn the water off and step out, reaching for a towel. Apparently, some water leaked on to the floor. My foot slides out from under me and I fall, hitting my butt on the ground. I let out a yelp, holding my rear end and wincing.
"Are you okay?" Castiel knocks on the door, worried.
"Yes! Yes, I'm fine!" I stand up slowly, a pain soaring up my back.
"Okay.. If you need help, let me know." I wonder if he was just standing outside the door, since his voice reached me so quickly.
I get dressed, into the clothes that I've been in for a few days, and blow-dry my hair. Once I feel like I'm presentable to the public, I exit the bathroom and find Castiel sitting at the table in the corner.
"So.. are you ready to go?" I motion toward the door, getting my shoes on.
"Of course." He smiles at me.