17

'We have a show tomorrow in Pennsylvania. Do you want to take the trip out?' Q had texted me out of the blue, obviously having remembered when I had said James needed to see his grandparents more, Pennsylvania being where they now lived.

'It's a little short notice, I'll have to see if I can afford the tickets' I replied back.

'Let me reiterate. I'll see you tomorrow, I already purchased the tickets for you both' he texted back.

'And what if I had plans tomorrow?'

'Wouldn't be my problem, now get packing.'

I smiled at his arrogance, knowing that he was partially messing around yet being completely serious at the exact same time. Moments later I received an email with the confirmation of the flight tickets he had bought.

"Who are you texting?" Tyler walked into the kitchen, interrupting me whilst looking for the time of the flights.

"I was texting Carol, James' grandma. She bought us some tickets to go and see her tomorrow" I replied, lying straight through my teeth, not wanting to deal with the argument that would have came from the truth in this lifetime.

"She got me one?" He asked, looking the most confused I had ever seen him.

"No, not you. James and I. Why would she buy you a ticket?" I laughed.

"I don't know, I was going to ask you" he shrugged. "So are you going to go?"

"Well I guess so, they're already paid for and they so desperately want to see their grandson" I smiled towards him, hoping he wouldn't get mad at me leaving him. "Is that okay?"

"I have a couple of days off work, I'll come with you"

"Don't be silly, it's in the middle of nowhere, you'll have no fun at all. Besides, don't you think that it'd be a little weird?"

"Only if Brian is there. Which he won't be, will he?"

"Why would Brian be there?" I lied once more. Probably not the healthiest thing to be doing in a relationship, along with sleeping with the guy in question..

"Because his son and parents are going to be there, wouldn't he want to see them all? Probably you included.." He mumbled the last part in a very jealous and slightly angry tone.

"Brian isn't going to be there" I tried to sound as reasurring as I could, placing my hands on his face before pecking him quickly. I was almost shocked at how lying had come to me more naturally than I would have ever thought.

"You should probably start packing then, it's late enough as it is" he said, stepping away from my grasp to let me walk out of the door.

As I placed the suitcase onto my bed, I unzipped it carefully before walking over to my closet, making sure to not pick out the usual combination of tank tops and sweats that I had grown to be extremely comfortable in since becoming a mom for the first time.

Putting the outfits that I had planned into the case, I turned my attention the chest of drawers at the end of the bed to pick out socks and underwear. As I rifled through them all, it was like a different person had overpowered my thoughts, and I soon found myself searching for specific sexy numbers that I knew were hidden in there somewhere. I didn't even remember the last time that I had even worn articles of underwear that had even matched, so looking for the laciest and most flattering pieces of undergarments made me realize that this weekend would most likely go to places where I probably shouldn't even be going. Unless Brian was to suddenly turn me down, anyways..

"Hey Jess, where are the.. Wow" Tyler stopped in his tracks as he walked in on me holding up a sexy one piece.

"I forgot that this was in here" I chuckled, hoping that he thought I was just looking at it as opposed to me putting in my suitcase to potentially wear for my ex boyfriend that I had told him wouldn't even be there in the first place.